Easter and planning a trip back to Scotland

It’s the holidays, at last! Actually, if I’m honest, they feel a bit like we’re having them early this year, mainly because my niece isn’t off till next week and ours usually follow hers. I will never understand why schools vary their holidays so much but I’m just glad we have a WHOLE 17 days off school. Well, Z does and he is totally thrilled about it. I still have work through the two weeks so we’ll still be juggling but it’ll be a lot easier and we have some days off together.

As everyone’s been poorly over the last month we’ve forgotten to plan anything for this Easter break. We’re now frantically googling pretty places and I *think* we might be heading to Scotland. The whole bloomin country is so pretty it’s proving really hard to decide which bits we want to see but we’re veering towards Glencoe and the West coast. There is SO much to see and we need to be really strict with ourselves with two kids. We still have just over a week to plan so the mission is on to try to come up with a doable itinerary. If you’ve ever been that way then please give me your tips. At the moment Glencoe and Fort William and Oban and Tobermory all look good!

And isn’t the weather glorious? Sort of. I was loving all the clouds and gorgeous skies yesterday.   Today is back to being a bit overcast but I’m trying to be optimistic about the weather and hoping Easter is filled with sunny and warmer temperatures. Please let there be sun!

1. Sarah Christie April 1, 2017 / 8:20 pm

Oh that rain today was torrential ! But we have more sun coming tomorrow thank goodness. Ah I love Scotland I am excited to see where you go? Have a lovely time what ever you decide and enjoy the break I am so glad Schools have broken up. Although Jack does have a revision day which as you can imagine he is thrilled x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Weekly Round Up And PreparationMy Profile

2. Emma T April 1, 2017 / 11:07 pm

I’m doing the same but for the bottom part of the country, although was debating the Lakes, or Chester then it might be near enough to drop in to see my best friend in Manchester. We don’t break up til next week either.
    Emma T recently posted…Project 365 2017 week 12-13 – volleys and feathersMy Profile

3. Fee April 1, 2017 / 11:22 pm

Ooo yeay definitely come to Scotland. I am a huge fan of the West Coast and moving back there soon. I’d say give Fort Bill a miss except passing through but Oban and Mull are a must. And Iona!! #365
    Fee recently posted…Project 365 – Week 13My Profile

4. Tim April 2, 2017 / 12:11 am

We still have a week to go but we’re looking forward to the kids having a couple of weeks off and a chance to recharge a bit. We haven’t been to Scotland for years but it’s definitely on the list to do with our kids sooner rather than later.

5. Sara | mumturnedmom April 2, 2017 / 12:21 am

I’d agree with Fee, Fort William is fine for a quick wander if you’re passing, but definitely go to Oban, one of my all-time favourite places, and head over to Mull which is also fab. The drive through Glencoe is a must, stunning! Depending on how long you have, Skye is also gorgeous. The West Coast is wonderful, anywhere will be good 🙂 I’m jealous!
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Reflections: Week 13My Profile

6. John Adams April 2, 2017 / 7:17 am

Enjoy your trip to Scotland. We’ll be there in summer. Love to know what you think of Glencoe. I fear my ancestors were involved in a bit of a skirmish there, coming from Macdonald stock! #MySundayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted…Flight pathMy Profile

7. Sarah MumofThree World April 2, 2017 / 7:38 am

The weather is definitely improving! I hope you manage to plan something for Scotland. I’ve always wanted to go to Tobermory. I assume you’ll bump into Miss Hoolie and PC Plum? 😉
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 2.4.17My Profile

8. Erica Price April 2, 2017 / 7:55 am

Hope you have a wonderful trip. I think sometimes the best trips are done at the spur of the moment.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 13My Profile

9. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) April 2, 2017 / 9:25 am

Beautiful view even with the clouds. We’re off on holidays now too but my nieces aren’t off until next week. Love visiting Scotland although we’ve not visited that area so can’t offer any tips. Hope you have a wonderful time.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…My Sunday Photo 02/04/17My Profile

10. Isabella April 2, 2017 / 9:30 am

Such a marvelous view!!
    wish you great holidays and a lovely time in this beautiful country. My dream since ages 😉

11. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe April 2, 2017 / 4:20 pm

Yes to holidays! Well I hope you get good weather in Scotland. I am ashamed to say that I’ve only ever been to Glasgow and Scotland. I would love yo explore more, you say it really is such a beautiful country. Enjoy!
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Montefrio’s Amazing ViewsMy Profile

12. Susan Mann April 3, 2017 / 5:11 pm

ooh yes you should totally come to scotland again. I am sure Spring has missed my part though. There is still so much to see and do xx

13. 76sunflowers April 3, 2017 / 7:41 pm

The weather is lookig beautiful. My niece lives up in the wilds of Scotland and I must venture up there one day. Have never worked out why we can’t all holiday at the same time in education!
    76sunflowers recently posted…Project 365 2017 #13My Profile

14. Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One April 3, 2017 / 8:24 pm

We don’t break up til the end of the week either. A couple of days down south for us. Scotland is lovely though, you can’t go wrong with whatever you choose #365
    Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One recently posted…Project 365 2017 Week 13My Profile

15. Elaine Livingstone April 4, 2017 / 3:29 pm

nice scenic picture with a great sky. I love clouds.
    I agree the west coast of Scotland is beautiful, but then I live here.
    Oban is amazing but so far away from anywhere.
    Iona is magical and Mull was boring but then we have went by bus and could not stop where we may well have wanted to.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 13My Profile

16. Neesie April 4, 2017 / 3:41 pm

I’ve still got to travel on the west coast, but I’ve still got so much to see over here on the East where I live.
    I think you’ll find masses to see and do here in Scotland, castles, country walks….the great outdoors. All brilliant for occupying tiddlywinks whilst providing a great break and recharge for you too. The air alone is incredible!
    I’ll be interested to see where you head and I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the weather behaves for you 😀

17. Sherry April 5, 2017 / 9:50 pm

Hampshire don’t break up until this Friday although we aren’t on school times yet so holidayed last week. Hope you have a great trip #MySundayPhoto
    Sherry recently posted…Freckles {Living Arrows 2017 – 3/4/17}My Profile

18. chickenruby April 6, 2017 / 7:25 pm

i’ve been enjoying the skies in the UK, no rain yet on my visit, but we had thunder and lightening storms and downpours before I left Dubai. Enjoy scotland, I’ve never ventured further north than Edinburgh
    chickenruby recently posted…Coping with a disabled adult child.My Profile

19. chickenruby April 10, 2017 / 1:54 am

hope you planned a good trip for the holidays, i wish they’d standardise school holidays, on year i taught in one county while the kids were in school where we lived, the other side of the border, really messed up work/school life, i ended up changing jobs
    chickenruby recently posted…My Sunday Photo Week 119 H is for Hong KongMy Profile