Road tripping round Scotland

Glencoe
We are on a mini Scotland road trip for a few days and it’s good and tiring all in one. We started with Edinburgh, mainly as we love it there so much and then drove through Loch Lomond and the Trossachs and are now staying in Argyll. There’s so much to do and see here and there’s just no way we’re even going to manage a fraction of it. Obviously this means we’ll have to come back one day soon to do more so it’s no bad thing really.
We did a big drive through Glencoe today and I think I was kind of expecting one big lonely valley but it’s so vast and so beautiful. There are green valleys and streaming waterfalls and snow capped hills. There’s a lot of car parks you can park at and the toddler happened to sleep through the entire thing which was lucky. So we got to stop constantly, taking as many photos as we wanted, whilst he slept happily in the warmth of the car. There’s 3 big walks you can do and we’ve done precisely 0 of them today. It’s something we’ll do again one day when the boys are older I think.

For now we’re going to carry on with our drive to different places. I think we see castles tomorrow!

1. Elaine Livingstone April 15, 2017 / 9:01 pm

We planned on doing Glencoe last year but never made it. Scotland is a beautiful place to tour. I would love to drive it with a dashcam running.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 15My Profile

2. Nikki Thomas April 15, 2017 / 9:39 pm

It looks stunning, I can’t wait to see more photos. We did a whistlestop tour of Scotland before we were married and it was so beautiful that I would love to go back and take the children.
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…16 Eggcellent Facts About EasterMy Profile

3. Emma T April 15, 2017 / 10:41 pm

That’s my kind of trip – getting to see lots of things. Although I think N would moan about always being in the car. Enjoy the rest
    Emma T recently posted…Mums lunch and Bodleian library tourMy Profile

4. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) April 16, 2017 / 12:21 am

What a stunning photo – that view is just beautiful. Sounds like you are having a lovely trip around Scotland – hope you get to see some castles tomorrow 🙂
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…My Sunday Photo 16/04/17My Profile

5. John Adams April 16, 2017 / 6:01 am

So THAT’s what Glen Coe looks like. I’ve never been, although my Scots in-laws talk about it being a dark and unforgiving place. I thin battle between the Campbells and MacDonalds is still going on for some people(a battle my ancestors are rumoured to have been involved with!). Great image though. I’d love to fly a drone through there and get some footage.
    John Adams recently posted…Bluebell: an attempt at flower photographyMy Profile

6. Sarah MumofThree World April 16, 2017 / 8:42 am

That’s absolutely stunning! I’ve been enjoying your Instagram stories. It looks so cold there, like you’re in a completely different season. Definitely worth going back for the walks when the boys are a bit older 🙂
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 16.4.17My Profile

7. Mary Mayfield April 17, 2017 / 12:31 pm

There’s always more to be seen and done in Scotland than you expected! As well as the long hikes up mountains there’s a lovely shorter walk round Glencoe lochan (just outside the village) – it’s very pretty, has a lovely romantic story behind it, but children might be more impressed with the fact that Hagrid’s cottage was built there for the Harry Potter films 🙂 http://maryomsthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/glencoe-lochan-little-piece-of-canada.html

8. Fee April 18, 2017 / 7:00 am

If you want a very cute wee castle to just stumble across in Argyll try the one on Loch Awe. You will pass it if you are heading to Oban. #365
    Fee recently posted…Project 365 – Week 15My Profile

9. Susan Mann April 18, 2017 / 12:51 pm

The scenery is stunning. It’s been a while since I’ve been up there. It is cold and definitely somewhere I want to take the boys as they get older. Glad you had a nice time x