Back to reality and reminiscing

We’ve been back from holiday almost a week now and I’m not sure our feet have touched the ground until today. It was a night flight (which I really hate) and, wonderful luck would have it, both boys fell asleep about halfway into the journey. Neither of us grown up slept too well on it though and we were glad to hit the sack at 3am. Of course the boys were completely refreshed and up at 8am so that particular day was declared “tired as hell, zombie day”. We went straight into a busy work and school week after that and it’s been filled with phonics screening tests, flat tyres and big work meetings.

I think the holiday blues hit me today and I’ve loved spending the week reminiscing on all the sunshine and food (and amazing cakes) we’ve devoured. I’m SO behind with both Scotland and Turkey blog posts but I’ll leave that till next week now and I will definitely, definitely write something.

Tomorrow is Blog On though, which is filled with lots of brilliant information and brilliant friends. I cannot wait to see everyone and I apologise in advance if I grab you for a hug. I’ve had people jump out of their skin in the past because they had no idea who I was. I’m going to try to restrain myself this time. Mostly!

Amazing cakes

1. Denise Allan May 21, 2017 / 12:20 am

Oh I remember long haul night flights from my expat days. (Goan) I know exactly what that sheer exhaustion feels like and tagged on to jet-lag…oh my I’m glad those days are done. That cake is quite something. I think I’ve put on a few kilo’s just looking at it!
    Blog on sounds a lot of fun! Enjoy 😀

2. John Adams May 21, 2017 / 6:21 am

That’s one mightily impressive cake! Hope you enjoy Blog On. Alas, I wanted to go but it clashed with a family thing.
    John Adams recently posted…A new bike….at lastMy Profile

3. Imperfect Mum May 21, 2017 / 7:03 am

Oh wow! Impressive cake. Enjoy Blog on! #Mysundayphoto

4. Lisa Easom May 21, 2017 / 7:55 am

Busy busy busy! Have a fab time at Blogon, I’m going to the Sept one x #MySundayPhoto

5. Sarah MumofThree World May 21, 2017 / 7:57 am

What a delicious looking cake and what a manic week!
    Have the best time at BlogOn! I’m not sure if I will be scouring Twitter and Instagram all day to find out what’s going on or ignoring it completely because I’m too jealous!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 21.5.17My Profile

6. natalie May 21, 2017 / 8:51 am

This looks amazing!! Oh the holiday blues are rubbish!! I really feel for you. Gutted I’m not going to blog on – have an amazing time!!
    natalie recently posted…These twoMy Profile

7. chickenruby May 21, 2017 / 8:57 am

I don’t mind night flights unless I have to drive at my destination, usually my trip to the UK involves 2 flights so i often end up flying through the night with no idea what time zone I’m in. fantastic cake, save me a slice. hope you enjoy Blogon, although I have no idea what it is or is about, try not to scare anyone
    chickenruby recently posted…My Sunday Photo Week 125. J is for Job.My Profile

8. Emma Raphael May 21, 2017 / 10:51 am

That cake looks amazing. Have a brilliant time today! I remember when I met you at BritMums all those years ago! 😀

9. Elaine Livingstone May 21, 2017 / 9:15 pm

even a good holiday has drawbacks, but well worth it.
    Hope you enjoy blog on, and wow a lot of layers to that cake. Love thr chocolate swirls on top.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…My Sunday Photo 21st MayMy Profile

10. Sara | mumturnedmom May 22, 2017 / 11:51 am

Hope you had a fab time at BlogOn and that you’ve recovered from your travels now! That cake looks amazing 🙂
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Reflections: Week 20My Profile

11. Molly May 22, 2017 / 11:23 pm

Urgh, holiday blues are the worst

Mollyx

12. jenny paulin May 24, 2017 / 11:40 am

that cake is mega and I bet so delicious! I would love to try some of that right now!
    Sounds like a very tiring week but I bet Blog On was good x
    jenny paulin recently posted…S’maffles #NumNomsCrazyCreationMy Profile

13. Jodie Hawkins May 24, 2017 / 9:51 pm

That cake looks extremely scrumptious, sounds like a very busy week too. Not fair after a holiday, I always feel like I need another one to recover from the last one
    Jodie Hawkins recently posted…Photography Project 365, Week 20My Profile

14. Susan Mann May 26, 2017 / 5:19 pm

It was soooo good to see you. I just wish we got to hang out more often. That cake looks amazing. I know how you feel it’s hard to keep up isn’t it xx