A postcard from sunny Turkey

Hello!!

We’ve been in Turkey all week and it’s been blissful. We’ve had one very stormy night where we got to fly through and land in a thunderstorm, and then days and days of sun. We’ve spent most of our time in the pools, on the beach and eating way too much good food. I seriously need to have non stop salads when I come back. But I won’t think about that just yet.

Beaches in Antalya

We used to always find it a bit odd how some families go back to the same hotel year after year, when there’s so much of the world to see. We’ve now become that family and this is our 3rd time at Ali Bey in Side. The service is amazing and the staff know us and the kids. They all met E for the first time ever and everyone has made such a lovely fuss over him. He can’t understand it and is forever trying to escape their clutches. He’s loving the beaches and we’ve spent a lot of time fishing sand out his mouth. Z flits about like he’s in his second home and will chat to anyone. His dad says he’s nosey like his mother. I think it’s more like his father. He’s gutted that he has to go back to his first home soon and even more gutted that he’s got to go back to school. I think next week is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Going away and sitting on a beach always makes me ponder things. Life, work, kids, the universe. I’m usually thinking about my next big jump at work and how I might juggle it all. It’s kind of the same this time, but with a lot less anxiety attached to it. I wonder if age has made me less scared of making the next leap and made me realise that juggling will somehow happen. Or not. But I won’t know unless I try. Maybe we should start looking for our next house too. I do love our teeny tiny semi. But it’s teeny tiny. Maybe I’d consider it. If the right house came along.

For now though, we’ll spend one more day on the beach

Photalife

1. Sarah MumofThree World May 13, 2017 / 6:00 pm

It looks and sounds like you’re having a fantastic time. It’s nice to have a bit of time to think and reflect sometimes. It’s impossible in day to day life with all the rushing around.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2017 Week 19My Profile

2. Louise May 14, 2017 / 12:51 am

Oh looks lush!
    Glad you had a good time getting away for a while! =]

3. Fee May 14, 2017 / 5:57 am

Oo exciting times with houses and work. Glad you had a lovely beach holiday to think.about things. #365
    Fee recently posted…Project 365 – Week 19My Profile

4. Debbie Roberts May 14, 2017 / 6:24 am

Hi Tas, I have often wondered why some people have been coming back to the island year on year and always stay at the same place, sometimes twice a year. I now realise that for them, it’s like home from home…. There is something about being on a beach that makes me ponder life too. It’s a happy place where everything feels like it could go on forever.

Your post struck a chord with me as this week I start a new job, I am looking forward and there going to be a lot of juggling. I did have second thoughts as to whether I could cope, but you are right unless we try we will never know.

It looks like you had a fab holiday.

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…So You Think You Can Stare Me Out?My Profile

5. John Adams May 14, 2017 / 6:59 am

Enjoy the beach. I’ll also make a confession: since having kids we have been back to the same place in Cyrpus three times now! I fear familiarity is that bit more important when you have offspring to consider. Hope you have a great break and all the very best considering your next move at work.
    John Adams recently posted…Wild flowers in the woodMy Profile

6. Kerri-Ann May 14, 2017 / 8:06 am

Beautiful photos, love the one of them out by the sea. We’re doing the same this year, going back to the place we visited last year. I hope you have a safe journey home #MySundayPhoto x

7. chickenruby May 14, 2017 / 2:24 pm

glad you enjoyed Turkey and it looks like the boys enjoyed their time on the beach. We’ve never been back to the same place more than once with the kids, too scared……lol in fact we’ve rarely ever gone back to the same city/town, liking to explore new places
    chickenruby recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Week 124 – O is for outdoorsMy Profile

8. Elaine Livingstone May 14, 2017 / 3:10 pm

I dont think young children really care where they go, and if it is clean with good food and nice staff no reason not to go back for years. I do agree there is more of the world to see but that can come when the children are older and can cope with longer flights etc better than they would now.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…My Sunday photo.My Profile

9. Jodie Hawkins May 14, 2017 / 6:35 pm

Gorgeous photos, looks a sensational place. No wonder you keep going back šŸ™‚ I hope things go well for back to school this week šŸ™‚

10. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe May 15, 2017 / 7:08 am

Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Enjoy some quality family time. Don’t worry too much about life’s hurdles. Things have a way of sorting themselves out. Enjoy!
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Rugs of the AlpujarrasMy Profile

11. Susan Mann May 15, 2017 / 4:34 pm

Looks like you’re all having a wonderful time. Try not to worry too much lovely. I’m sure it will all work out.

12. Katie @mummydaddyme May 16, 2017 / 1:56 pm

It sounds like you have had such a lovely time. I completely understand about going back to the same hotel a few times, I fall in love with places and could do that very easily. x

13. Erica Price May 17, 2017 / 12:19 pm

I love exploring new places, but there is a lot to be said for returning to a place you like. My family holidays as a child involved going back to the same place all the time and I loved it, so not surprised Z is keen.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Weeks 18 and 19My Profile

14. Sara | mumturnedmom May 18, 2017 / 9:09 pm

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. There is something quite comforting about heading back to somewhere familiar, especially with kids. The weather is picking up here, at last, and I’m already planning our summer with lots of trips to the beach and the pool šŸ™‚
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Outdoors: Mystic Aquarium, ConnecticutMy Profile