Sunshine and kiddie bubbles

It’s been a really really sad week with the bombings and obviously, they were tragic and senseless and so sad, to say the least. I have a terrible habit of being glued to the news when events like this happen and the Manchester bombing felt like it hit harder because it’s “home”. I meant to write about Scotland and Turkey and I suddenly just feel like doing it anymore so I’ve delayed it all till next week.

Thankfully, the boys are none the wiser and they continue to bounce about in their happy little bubble. It’s been a week of school trips, lots of sunshine and countless trips to the swings for them. We’ve kept it all away from them, not that the toddler understands yet anyway. He’s having far too much fun lifting heavy things about his head and flinging them across the room to see what happens to them. I know we can’t protect them forever and the time will come for Z, probably soon, when he starts learning about bombings and killings and will inevitably hear some of it from the playground before we can tell him. He’s so happy go lucky at the moment though that it feels right to keep him protected from it.

So it is, we’ve tried to enjoy the sun as much as we can this week and keep that cocoon a bit longer.

The Ordinary Moments

1. Angela May 27, 2017 / 10:06 pm

Nothing wrong with keeping our children in a bubble. My son went to London on a trip the day after, it was an anxious time but we can allow it to stop us from carrying on.
    Great pictures, looks like you had a lovely time x

2. Emma T May 27, 2017 / 11:56 pm

So hard, especially when it’s close to home. We’re heading up to Manchester to visit my friend on Monday (and staying elsewhere nearby tomorrow). The OH thinks I’m nuts going, but this is the last chance to see my friend before she has her 2nd baby. Even our town has lots of armed police around when usually you never see police apart from getting their lunch in Tesco.

I thought they might have mentioned it in school, but N hasn’t asked about it, and hasn’t said anything about the news, or the minute silence during the football today. Although we have talked about terrorists before after a news item prompted him. Very hard to explain
    Emma T recently posted…Project 365 2017 week 21My Profile

3. Neesie May 28, 2017 / 12:35 am

Brilliant fun photos showing just how great it is to get outdoors and enjoy the warmer sunny weather. My family are not far from Manchester and I was deeply shocked and saddened by the tragic senseless news. It makes you rethink just how lucky we are and to treasure every moment. Enjoy your Sunday
    Neesie recently posted…My Sunday Photo…DeerMy Profile

4. Fee May 28, 2017 / 1:55 am

What a gorgeous head of hair and a beautiful smile! All we can do is keep on keeping on. #365
    Fee recently posted…Project 365 – Week 21My Profile

5. John Adams May 28, 2017 / 6:10 am

Yes, enjoy the innocence while you can and let him enjoy the innocence. It all changed with the attack on Westminster for us as our eldest knew mummy works in London so we now have to discuss these things. Better it comes form home than the playgroud too I think. Sorry to hear it happened on your home turf, that can’t have been easy.

Anyway….you certainly caught some lovely shots there. They certainly show the value of getting out in the sun and the enjoyment it can bring. Here’s hoping it lasts all weekend.
    John Adams recently posted…Sun hits the skyMy Profile

6. Sarah MumofThree World May 28, 2017 / 8:12 am

Such lovely photos! It’s been a really tough week and I can imagine it must be even worse when it’s so close to home. You’re right to shelter Z from it for as long as you can. My daughter can back from her school trip and knew that something had happened in Manchester, because the teacher lit a candle in the cathedral for ‘the people in Manchester’, but they hadn’t told them any more than that. I told her about it and she was upset and confused, but luckily she didn’t ask if anyone would bomb the Little Mix concert!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 28.5.17My Profile

7. Erica Price May 28, 2017 / 9:10 am

Don’t blame you for not mentioning it. It won’t be much longer that you can do it for Z, so you may as well do it while you can.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 21My Profile

8. Emma Raphael May 28, 2017 / 11:36 am

Such awful senseless events. It’s been a strange week hasn’t it? As my older two are so much more aware, they heard about this. Makes me sad I can’t shelter them anymore, but I can encourage them to grown into the kind of adults that can make a difference. x
    Emma Raphael recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Silver BirchesMy Profile

9. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe May 28, 2017 / 11:41 am

I totally agree with keeping the kids in a cocoon as long as possible. I was brought up 30miles from Manchester so it feels like home to me too. So incredibly sad it’s hard to find the words.
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Poppies and DandelionsMy Profile

10. Mummy of 5 miracles May 28, 2017 / 2:54 pm

This week the news has been awful and I’ve also been glued to it, My children are older so it’s harder to keep it away from them.
    Beautiful pictures and lovely to see those smiles #MySundayPhoto

11. Laura - Dear Bear and Beany May 28, 2017 / 6:55 pm

It’s been a really sad week and I’ve not been able to stop thinking about it. I’m so pleased my girls are still in a bubble and are not aware of what happens in the world they live in x #theordinarymoments

12. Tara May 28, 2017 / 7:25 pm

I’d like to keep Freya in that bubble for as long as possible but, even at nearly four, she already takes in more than I realise. I’m glad your boys are still inside it, long may it continue. Beautiful photos.
    Tara recently posted…My Sunday Photo – May 28th, 2017.My Profile

13. Donna May 28, 2017 / 9:20 pm

I love how children are able to just get on with things, how their bubble is so happy and safe and at times like this they are none the wiser. I don’t blame you for putting off the writing – there will always be tomorrow x

14. jenny paulin May 31, 2017 / 8:17 am

awwww Was what gorgeous photos of your littlest man. I wish I could keep my boys wrapped inside a protective bubble, safe from harm and the world out there. Its a very scary world sadly, I think kids have to grow up too early nowadays xx
    jenny paulin recently posted…LEGO Batman Movie Party Food IdeasMy Profile

15. Debbie Roberts June 1, 2017 / 4:47 am

Hi Tas, these atrocities are hard for adults to get their head around, so what chance does a child have? With all the media coverage it’s not so easy keeping children in that bubble of childhood, but we must try. Your little man looks happy and none the wiser and I hope he stays like that for many more years!

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…Monday Morning Blog Club 29/05/17My Profile

16. Susan Mann June 1, 2017 / 4:43 pm

What fantastic photos. It has been such a difficult week for all of us. I love your happy pictures and looks like your little one is having a great time xx

17. Martyn Kitney June 2, 2017 / 4:47 pm

Nothing wrong with doing it as long as you can. My two are getting too old now so are more aware. Enjoying space and sun is exactly what you should do.

Look forward to seeing you this week #mysundayphoto
    Martyn Kitney recently posted…My Little Chef – Sticky Pineapple MuffinsMy Profile

18. Natalie June 2, 2017 / 10:39 pm

Oh Tas it’s just all so sad. I do chat to Meme about it mainly because they talk about it at school, but I usually can say it’s far away from us and we are fine here. But being in Manchester I knew she would say ‘but Daddy works in Manchester’ and she did. My heart broke a little. X
    Natalie recently posted…What I’ve been loving in MayMy Profile

19. Sherry June 3, 2017 / 11:01 am

I agree with the bubble and how our children are often none the wiser, it gives you a feeling of innocence and freedom again. It was the most awful news, and my heart goes out to everyone affected #TheOrdinaryMoments