Heatwaves and the end of Ramadan

It’s been a scorching few days and we’ve tried to soak up the sun as much as we could. Luckily, we had the very lovely and glorious heatwave and we somehow discovered a park near us that we haven’t ever noticed before…and it is absolutely huge!! We did know it existed but used to drive past it day in, day out and had no idea it was so nice and so filled with all sorts of pretty things. It has lakes and boats and even a big train, on a train track! It circles part of the park and is a pound to ride. How did we never know about this before?

We didn’t actually last that long. It was a scorchingly hot day and we reached melting levels after about an hour so we had to come home, but we’ll definitely be going back.

And as I write this, Ramadan comes to an end for another year. It’s Eid tomorrow and I cannot wait to see the whole family for a good catch up. Each year I always worry if I’ll get through it and each year I always do. By the end it always feels like it’s flown by way too quickly but it’s always nice to have eid at the end of it. Our mums have decided not to make the big pot of traditional biryani and we’re having a big BBQ instead. It feels a bit odd not to be having biryani. It’s like not having Turkey on Christmas Day. BBQs are always delicious though so I cannot wait for that! And if you’re celebrating then I hope you have a really love one.

1. Sarah MumofThree World June 25, 2017 / 7:34 am

Hope you have a fantastic Eid and enjoy the barbecue. We were shocked the other year when my mum suggested doing a buffet for Christmas dinner rather than the traditional dinner!
    What a lovely photo. Looks like a fab park. The lake actually looks very similar to our local park, but we don’t have a train!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 25.6.17My Profile

2. Sharon Powell June 25, 2017 / 7:50 am

Sounds like a fantastic park! I hope you all enjoy your BBQ x #MySundayPhoto
    Sharon Powell recently posted…Silent Sunday My Profile

3. Erica Price June 25, 2017 / 8:30 am

We have a local park with boats – I must take H over this summer so we can have some fun there.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 25My Profile

4. Anne June 25, 2017 / 9:26 am

That sounds like a park near us, it’s really not noticeable from driving past but it is huge and has two lakes and a train! I love your photo, I hope you enjoyed soaking up the sunshine. Have a wonderful Eid and BBQ x
    #mysundayphoto

5. Emma Raphael June 25, 2017 / 9:55 am

I love that you have found such a gorgeous park nearby! Have a really wonderful Eid, enjoy the celebrations! xx PS We always bbq our turkey! 😀
    Emma Raphael recently posted…Sunday Photo – Richmond SunsetMy Profile

6. Nikki Thomas June 25, 2017 / 11:42 am

That does sound like a lovely place. I have to admit that even though I love the warm weather, it has been far too hot for me this week.
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…I just want a sofa …My Profile

7. Sarah Christie June 25, 2017 / 1:22 pm

I literally have no idea how you have managed it in this heat! But typical the weather has broken now its over. Eid Mubarak my lovely friend have a wonderful time with you family xx
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Sunday Photo, The Pendle Pub WalkMy Profile

8. Kim Carberry June 25, 2017 / 5:16 pm

That park sounds fantastic. It’s always nice to discover something so good close to home.
    I hope you have a wonderful day today x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Tennis. #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

9. Jo Laybourn June 25, 2017 / 9:23 pm

I love finding new places to have adventures! This photo is fab! x

10. Molly June 28, 2017 / 4:22 pm

Hope you have a lovely Eid and a BBQ sounds like a good idea although I have to say a biryani sounds really fabulous too

Mollyx

11. Susan Mann June 29, 2017 / 4:10 pm

What a wonderful place to visit. So many beautiful photos. Have a great BBQ xx

12. Martyn Kitney July 1, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Aw I do love a park! Sounds great. Wishing the best Eid. Sorry for the late comment. Hope to see you tomorrow #mysundayphoto
    Martyn Kitney recently posted…Living Arrows #25My Profile