Waiting for birthdays

The last week has been a bit of a blur. A good blur but it does mean my poor blog is the first thing that suffers. I was going to write a post all about our sunny beach days in Turkey but then work took over and then the madness of the election took over and then I just didn’t sleep on Thursday night, trying to keep track of it all and then going to work on Friday like a zombie.

So everything feels a bit delayed and it’s been lovely to have a very slow weekend where we’re not doing very much except for eating good food at sunset. It’s the Other Halfs birthday this weekend and we’re postponing celebrations until after Eid so that we can go out properly. It wouldn’t be a birthday without a proper cake though and we’re all looking forward to cutting it in a few hours. It’s a very nice chocolate one and I actually got the picture wrong on it, but it’s still cute!

1. Kim Carberry June 10, 2017 / 10:49 pm

I didn’t even work on Friday but felt rough. Watching the election results come, not going to bed until after 1am and up for 7am made me into a zombie. lol Happy birthday to your hubby! Good idea about postponing the celebrations. The cake is fab. Enjoy x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A photo everyday for a year – Week 23 #Project365My Profile

2. Fiona Cambouropoulos June 11, 2017 / 12:09 am

Like you I stayed up too late on Thursday night. Happy Birthday to your husband , the cake sounds amazing

3. Neesie June 11, 2017 / 12:28 am

Brilliant Birthday cake… I hope you husband had a great birthday.
    Some weeks can just be touch crazy…hopefully things will settle down now. Enjoy your weekend if you can 😀
    Neesie recently posted…My Sunday Photo… CheersMy Profile

4. Debbie Roberts June 11, 2017 / 5:43 am

Hi Tas, I do like the look of the cake, even more so now I know it’s chocolate on the inside! I hope you enjoyed it Enid Blyton style (at midnight when all the world was asleep). Okay, that may not have been practical considering you have children. I hope your other half had a fab evening.

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…It Wasn’t To BeeMy Profile

5. John Adams June 11, 2017 / 6:38 am

Yes, it doesl ook like a great cute. The picture’s great, even if it is the wrong one! Hope the birthday celebrations go well.
    John Adams recently posted…SunsetMy Profile

6. Sarah MumofThree World June 11, 2017 / 7:21 am

Happy birthday to him! Hope the cake tasted as nice as it looks! Hope you have a calmer week ahead.
    It’s my husband’s birthday tomorrow!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 11.6.17My Profile

7. Erica Price June 11, 2017 / 9:03 am

I know what you mean about a blur it does seem to have been that way the last few weeks and I haven’t had Ramadan to cope with. Hope he enjoys his ‘2nd birthday’ after Eid.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 23My Profile

8. Susan Mann June 11, 2017 / 11:36 am

It does seem to have went by in a blur, it feels blogon was only last week. I am sure I’m still catching up. I don’t know how you manage Ramadan with everything else, but you are amazing. I hope he enjoys his 2nd birthday, how did he get to be 2? I hear you about work and fully sympathise. xx

9. Tracey Abrahams June 11, 2017 / 12:00 pm

I was like a zombie on Friday. I didnt actually plan to stay up but Mr A was snoring badly and then I got caught up in the drama of it all. #mysundayphoto
    Tracey Abrahams recently posted…Are Group Threads Killing Twitter?My Profile

10. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe June 11, 2017 / 9:30 pm

What a great birthday cake. So personal having a photo of the boys on it…I must be living in the dark ages as I’ve never seen such a good photo cake before. Happy Birthday Hubby x
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Andalucian SunsetMy Profile

11. jenny paulin June 12, 2017 / 8:27 am

I think you have had a week like many of us! I hope you are less like a zombie now. The cake looks lovely – I didn’t realise it was a cake until I read your trust, I thought it was a photo frame lol! x
    jenny paulin recently posted…Project 365, 2017. Week 23My Profile

12. Natalie June 15, 2017 / 10:48 pm

I love the cake!! Hope you’ve had a good week Lovely xx

13. Elaine Livingstone June 16, 2017 / 10:10 pm

The election results were not what I had hoped for, but that is what democracy is all about.
    Happy belated birthday to your other half, and quite right to go out wants Ramadan is over. Nice cake.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…The making of a unique wedding present.My Profile

14. Fozia S June 17, 2017 / 10:20 am

We have two birthdays to celebrate properly after Eid too! Mine and my eldest’s. She was so worried she wouldn’t get cake as it was ramadan…. and I did tease her she wasn’t going to get one! (evil mum)
    Fozia S recently posted…5 Childrens Books for EidMy Profile

15. Martyn Kitney June 17, 2017 / 1:07 pm

I stayed up watching it too. It’s always something to keep track of. And I’m still not sure what to make of it now. Hope he had a good birthday. Fab photo. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow #mysundayphoto
    Martyn Kitney recently posted…My Little Chef – Haddock ChowderMy Profile

16. Verily Victoria Vocalises June 17, 2017 / 6:43 pm

I completely understand where you are coming from! I am loving that cake 🙂 Sorry I am late with my comments. #MySundayPhoto