Summer holidays are here!

After a week of trying to juggle and attend a load of end of school “stuff” It’s the start of the summer holidays, at last! For a week at least I’ll relish not forcing Z out of bed and telling him to put his school shoes approximately 25 times with threats of how late we’re going to be. Of course Sods law means both boys will bounce up at the crack of dawn and want entertaining. But at least there’s no rushing about first thing. It’s always a massive surprise to see how much Z has changed in one year when you compare the obligatory end of year photo with last years one.

He’s left this year loving reading, disliking capital letters and writing in general and no front teeth. I’m not bothered about forgotten capital letters really but I suppose we should remind him every so often this summer.

We still have 0 confirmed plans but we have at least started to look and our main plans for a few days is to potter about and do fun things like go to the dentist.

We did take the toddler to his very first football training session and he loved it, a bit too much. I’m not sure he’s ready really but he did have a lot of fun trashing things and interrupting his brothers game constantly.

Big brother was very patient about it all but I think we might have to defer future training sessions for a while and find an alternative joint activity that they can do together.

1. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) July 23, 2017 / 12:05 am

It’s amazing what a difference a year makes isn’t it? I’m looking forward to not having the pressure to get out of the door in the mornings. Hope you enjoy the school holidays πŸ™‚
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…My Sunday Photo 23/07/17My Profile

2. Tim July 23, 2017 / 12:06 am

They do change a lot over the course of a year, don’t they? Our boys are off to their grandparents for a few days so it’s just us and Kara for a while. The house will feel very quiet without them.

3. Debbie Roberts July 23, 2017 / 5:20 am

Hi Tas, love the photo of your eldest gummy and grinning. It’s one to show his first girlfriend for sure! They do grow up fast, it’s not until we look back to the start of the school year that we realise just how much. Who needs to play football when there’s so much more interesting stuff to play with? Playing with the marker thingies looks like so much more fun!

XX
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…All Was Not As It SeemedMy Profile

4. John Adams July 23, 2017 / 5:56 am

I’m all for taking kids to the dentist. One or two of my most entertaining moments as a parent have occurred at the dentist’s!! ENjoy the summer break.
    John Adams recently posted…A butterfly takes a rest (part two)My Profile

5. Sarah MumofThree World July 23, 2017 / 6:49 am

Love it! I’m not sure toddlers and football really mix that well, but it looks like E had the best time! Enjoy the holidays! We’ve got the dentist this week too. This week is mainly going to be getting stuff organised – making space in my daughter’s wardrobe for her new uniform, for a start!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 23.7.17My Profile

6. Erica Price July 23, 2017 / 9:35 am

It’s amazing the difference a year makes, but you don’t notice until you go back and look at the photographs. Looks like someone will be getting into football training soon.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 29My Profile

7. Elaine Livingstone July 23, 2017 / 8:34 pm

oh dear at the joint venture not really working out, but looks like the wee one made his own fun.
    Hope they enjoy some fun time in the holidays
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 29My Profile

8. Tara July 24, 2017 / 7:48 am

He’s so cute, especially with no front teeth. We are like you and only have vague plans of what to do over the summer. I quite like it πŸ™‚ #MySundayPhoto

PS love your little one at football training. He looks like he had a blast.
    Tara recently posted…My Sunday Photo – July 22nd, 2017.My Profile

9. Susan Mann July 24, 2017 / 5:53 pm

Yay for the summer holidays. It’s amazing what a difference a year makes, isn’t it? Hope you enjoy the school holidays lovely xx

10. Hayley @hayleyfromhome July 29, 2017 / 10:12 pm

I just love that photo of Z, how grown up does he look. I think this year they seem to have changed so much, lucas is the same and I can’t quite believe it’s year two next!! I hope you have a lovely summer Tas whatever you end up doing. Ours have been getting up earlier and earlier every day but it is nice not to have to rush out the door each morning too!
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted…A Day OffMy Profile