Beach time and more beach time

In amongst the rainy summer we’re having we finally got some proper sunshine last weekend and decided to drive very fast (at the legal speed limit) to the beach and have a good walk. I think everyone else in Lancashire had the same idea as it was completely packed out with families and couples stretching their legs and enjoying a bit of sea air.

We hadn’t realised the Red arrows were on that weekend too so got really lucky and ended up watching them doing their amazing air show. If you look really closely you can see where they drew a big red heart in the sky and then put an arrow through it.

They are so impressive to watch and we watched them for over an hour doing what they do best, flying nerve wrackingly close to each other, flipping through the air and leaving colourful trails behind them for all to see. The boys were impressed for all of 5 minutes, then were super patient with their very excited parents who filmed the whole thing badly on their iPhones and regretted not bringing the big camera.

This one photo sums up our outings so well. There’s me snapping a million photos of the kids wherever I can, Z running like crazy in the background and accidentally banging into everything and going home with yet another bruise somewhere, and the danger toddler who likes to either climb or slide down absolutely everything. Our main aim at the moment is to go to places where there is vast open space to let them just run about to their hearts content. So we’ve finally decided on a place with big open beaches and will be driving down to sunny Devon for a few days. We’ve never been before and booked it fairly last minute so we’re not too sure what to expect yet except that they have some beautiful sand and sea and lots of sunshine (hopefully!). I think I’ll be more than happy as long as it’s dry and we’re going to spend our time doing not very much except playing with the kids and then doing some exploring around the area!

1. Fee Shaw August 19, 2017 / 9:43 pm

Have a great time in Devon. I’ve never been but heard only lovely things and what could possibly be nicer than a beach holiday! #365
    Fee Shaw recently posted…Project 365 – Week 33My Profile

2. Sarah MumofThree World August 20, 2017 / 6:45 am

Love these photos! I would be so excited about seeing the Red Arrows too. Am forever seeing photos of them, but not sure I’ve actually seen them since I was a kid!
    Hope you all have a brilliant time in Devon.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 20.8.17My Profile

3. Erica Price August 20, 2017 / 8:48 am

Glad you got to enjoy the sun by the sea. I’d like to see the Red Arrows – a nice surprise.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 33My Profile

4. Cath - BattleMum August 20, 2017 / 9:17 am

Great pictures and how lucky to see the Red Arrows. I really like the picture of the seagulls. I can just see them planning their next victim for some food stealing. #mysundayphoto

5. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe August 20, 2017 / 11:48 am

The red arrows display looks amazing. We must have just missed each other as we were in Blackpool the week before, the beach certainly wasn’t as busy then! Enjoy Devon #MySundayPhoto
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Road TripMy Profile

6. Tara August 20, 2017 / 4:46 pm

Fantastic to see the Red Arrows in action. What a beautiful beach too. I know just what you mean about wide open spaces to let them run. #MySundayPhoto
    Tara recently posted…My Sunday Photo – August 20th, 2017.My Profile

7. Sharon Powell August 21, 2017 / 9:51 am

Beautiful photos. I love the perfect heart in the sky x #MySundayPhoto
    Sharon Powell recently posted…Silent Sunday My Profile

8. Elaine Livingstone August 21, 2017 / 9:45 pm

No wonder it was busy if the red arrows were there. My nephew got some pictures of them in Kent last week. The air show due her first weekend in September but will probably give it a miss this year.
    Our lot live under the flight path of an airport so planes dont really interest them
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 33My Profile

9. jenny paulin August 25, 2017 / 7:58 am

what fabulous photos – we managed our first trip to the beach all holiday last week too. I remember seeing the red arrow shows when I was a child, and I loved it. x
    jenny paulin recently posted…The Best Family Friendly FurnitureMy Profile