A postcard from beautiful Devon

We had planned to have a few quiet sunny days in Devon this week. We had good intentions to sit about on the golden sands and watch the kids play with buckets and spades all week whilst we relaxed and read books and had afternoon tea every day. It didn’t work out like that and with it being our very first visit to the area, we had no idea how beautiful it all was. Then we got a bit excited by the whole thing and spent about 5 days just driving around as much as we could manage with two little boisterous boys in tow.

I have to admit I’ve only ever vaguely been interested in Devon. It’s one of those places that’s “very pretty but too far to drive to”, so it was always something pushed to the back of my mind. But wow….how pretty! And SO kid friendly. The kids were well and truly entertained with the long walks and beautiful beaches and we were loving how stunning it all was and how many photos we could take of it all. We managed a fair few places including Woolacombe, Ilfracombe, Clovelly and Lynton and Lynmouth. I wish we could have stayed another week and just driven about from place to place taking the sighs and plenty of cuisine in. We have absolutely stuffed our faces all week long with Cornish pasties, amazing fish and chips and a lot of scones, and I don’t think I’ve ever tasted fudge so nice. I have no idea how the people of Devon still have their own teeth still. I’m at serious risk of giving myself a couple of fillings with the 4 boxes I’ve brought back with me. They’re actually presents for family but I’m not sure they’re going to get to their destinations with all the “just a little bit” I’m doing at the moment.

I think it’s given me my bloggy mojo back which had more than disappeared over the summer, and I’m going to write up a few posts about the brilliant places you can go with kids in north Devon. For now though, you can just ooh and ahh over these phone pics I took. The rest are on my big camera which I still need to sort!

1. Fee Shaw August 26, 2017 / 7:56 pm

You know I have always heard lovely things about Devon but same as you thought it was just too far. Maybe a good UK summer holiday next year. #365
    Fee Shaw recently posted…Project 365 – Week 34My Profile

2. Emma T August 26, 2017 / 11:10 pm

As you know we were there last year – it is lovely and there’s so many places to visit, it’s just a shame everything takes so long to get to.
    Emma T recently posted…Project 365 2017 week 33 and 34My Profile

3. Andy August 27, 2017 / 12:15 am

The north devon coast line is amazing,we’ve gone on holiday a couple of times along the North Coast (not far from Exeter where we are), and the Lynton / Lynmouth area didn’t disappoint either time.
    And yes – our fudge is amazing. Look out for Rolys Fudge!

4. Brooke Neal August 27, 2017 / 5:13 am

Looks like a great place to visit! I too have had the blogging blues and summer definitely helped get me back into the swing of things.

5. Debbie Roberts August 27, 2017 / 6:15 am

Hi Tas, Devon is a beautiful place, but then I grew up there. I do remember my Grandmas sisters and brothers rather lacking in the dental area, it never crossed my mind that it was probably down to the fudge! I’m glad your holiday helped you find your blogging mojo again, it’s not nice when that happens.

xx

6. Sarah MumofThree World August 27, 2017 / 7:24 am

What lovely photos! Glad you had such a good time and the weather looks amazing too. I look forward to reading more about the places you visited and seeing more of your beautiful photos.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 27.8.17My Profile

7. Anne August 27, 2017 / 8:18 am

My auntie had a caravan in Ilfracombe so we have spent many a happy holiday in Devon. It is a beautiful place indeed.
    #mysundayphoto
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 26th August 2017My Profile

8. Helen-marie Porter August 27, 2017 / 9:14 am

I love Devon its one of the most beautiful places I have been we spent many a year down there as kids I love your photo its very beautiful #MySundayPhoto

9. Erica Price August 27, 2017 / 9:46 am

Glad you had such a wonderful holiday. Often I find it’s the places you don’t have high expectations of which pleasantly surprise you. It’s a lovely part of the world.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 34My Profile

10. Sarah Christie August 27, 2017 / 10:36 am

Aw it looks so beautiful, this is the exact reason we have never been but I really want to visit x

11. Elaine Livingstone August 27, 2017 / 3:37 pm

glad you had such a good time enjoying the beauty, and all the better to have your mojo back.

12. Sarah Wood August 28, 2017 / 6:29 am

Gorgeous pics – looks like you had great weather too. We are off to Lynton & Lynmouth this weekend for a last summer fling – excited now!

13. Tara August 28, 2017 / 7:34 am

Oooh fudge! I’d like some for breakfast now. Hehe. Fabulous pics, looks like a great place to visit.
    Tara recently posted…Book Review: The Lost Wife.My Profile

14. Hayley @hayleyfromhome August 28, 2017 / 2:58 pm

It looked amazing Tas – all those sunny photos! We used to do Devon and Cornwall a little bit as kids but we’ve yet to go with the boys – I think the drive always puts us off too but now we’ve done France we don’t really have an excuse! It sounds like you had a great time and I can’t wait to see more, enjoy the fudge πŸ˜‰ I can’t resist it either!
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted…Breaking Open The Bullet Journal AgainMy Profile

15. natalie August 29, 2017 / 10:42 pm

Oh gosh Tas your pictures are stunning. We went to Devon for the first time this year and I remember moaning to my husband that it was a little far. However it was definitely worth the drive, it was stunning – actually one of our favourite places!
    natalie recently posted…What I’ve been loving in AugustMy Profile

16. Nic@nipitinthebud August 30, 2017 / 9:53 pm

You did really well to do so much travelling on windy Devonshire roads with small boys. We all get car sick! Some beautiful parts of the world make it worth it though :o)

17. Verily Victoria Vocalises September 2, 2017 / 3:57 pm

Devon is definitely one of my favourite places. Your photos are gorgeous πŸ™‚ x #mysundayphoto