That phase of toddlerhood

We’ve reached that screamy stage of toddlerhood. That phase where, if he can’t do something or have his own way instantly, he just protest screams. It makes us think twice about going out and I’m not sure if Z was a little angel or not, but I don’t remember it being like this when he was this age. I think we’ve definitely been a lot more adventurous and relaxed when it comes to E compared to what we were like with Z, so maybe that’s why. Or maybe we just look back on our toddlerhood time with Z and see it all through rose tinted spectacles.

Despite it all, we still like to brave going out in what little sunshine we have this summer and today has been dry so we ran to Manchester as fast as could for a wander around the shops and a nice walk. We were meant to buy some clothes for the boys and some work clothes for me. Neither of which came to fruition. The boys did have a very good time just running about and we spent most of our time just walking about chasing after them.

The toddler was mostly well behaved until we went to get some food and decided he didn’t want to wait for a table. He wanted to walk straight up to one and sit down. So when he couldn’t, he went into meltdown mode. After a couple of minutes I was on the verge of walking out and settling for a drive through somewhere. Anywhere! That’s when a random guy in the queue piped up and told us of how his 8 year old was just like E as a toddler and would time his screams at precisely the point of eating. He did it so much that he was nicknamed Pavarotti until he grew out of it. And grow out of it E will, he assured us. E did indeed calm down with the help of some bright crayons and colouring sheet, and we all managed to eat with 0 tears from the kids and 0 tears from the adults.

1. Fiona Cambouropoulos August 13, 2017 / 12:09 am

A little bit of everything is most likely the answer to your toddlerhood questions. I think E is going to be quite a character as he grows up. He adores his big brother though, you can see it in all your photos.
    Fiona Cambouropoulos recently posted…Early Bird Discounts on Summer 2018My Profile

2. Tim August 13, 2017 / 1:02 am

Uh oh. We’ve all been there and your stranger is, of course, quite right. This phase will pass (although it may still return later …)

3. John Adams August 13, 2017 / 6:17 am

Ah, the second child. Similar story in this household. Very placid in most situations but a lot more shouty than the first who didn’t have to share the attention when younger. Quite normal I think. Can’t quite believe how quickly he has reached toddlerhood! #MySundayphoto
    John Adams recently posted…The scenery of West Scotland: WaterfallMy Profile

4. Sharon Powell August 13, 2017 / 6:43 am

Eek! I’m not looking forward to this stage with Jack. I don’t think we had it with Harry but I think we look back with tinted eyes like you say. Lovely photos x #MySundayPhoto
    Sharon Powell recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

5. Sarah MumofThree World August 13, 2017 / 7:16 am

Glad you managed to get your meal in peace! E sounds like a bundle of energy and I think we definitely look back on the toddler years with rose-tinted glasses!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 13.8.17My Profile

6. Anne August 13, 2017 / 9:27 am

Just keep reminding yourself that it’s a phase and he’ll grow out of it, we’ve all been there. There is also a time that you learn that shopping with kids is a big no no, unless you are buying toys!

7. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe August 13, 2017 / 9:21 pm

Ha ha…I remember it well…We’re small bang in the tantrum phase… let’s hope it’s a short one!
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…BlackpoolMy Profile

8. Ushmana Rai August 14, 2017 / 11:01 am

Hi Tas!
    I also have a nephew who is just 20 months right now but screams like a 3 year old. If he does not get what he wants,he screams as if the world’s on fire. I must agree with you when you say tthat we see childhood time with rose tainted glasses. We only remember the fun and pleasant memories because as much hard it is to raise a toddler, the joy he brings to us are much greater in our lives and these memories are definitely the ones we will remember!
    Much love to Z and E from Nepal! xx
    Ushmana Rai recently posted…Vitamix 6300 Vs 7500 – Which Blender Should You Buy?My Profile

9. Raimy August 14, 2017 / 9:56 pm

I know the stage you are talking about well. They are hard work aren’t they?! Lovely pictures from your day in Manchester 🙂 Its beautiful in the sun isn’t it?

10. Susan Mann August 15, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Ahh how can you answer that? Everything I think. E is such a wee character. Love seeing the photos of them both and looks like he adores his big brother xx