Getting too old to party

We were a bit like zombies this Monday gone after having two parties in a row. Who knew a toddler party could be so exhausting. Well, I should have known really but I think I may have blocked out how tiring Zs parties were. We overloaded on wonderful rainbow cake, caught up with lots of family and played a lot of pass the parcel.

Obviously toddler E had no real idea what was going on and he slept completely through one of his parties and refused to blow out his candles and then luckily had a somewhat more “birthday like” time at his second one. I think I am done with parties. No more, no more. Until maybe next year by which time I might have completely forgotten about the stress of organising it all.

I’m starting to juggle work a bit better and I did squeeze in a nice lunch with Nisbah from Five adventurers. I now want to go Canada and see it all. We have no plans yet as usual but I am hoping we might be able to over the next couple of years. Between the nice cities and the beautiful northern landscapes, it looks like a really stunning place to experience.

In the meantime I think I’ve been buying up the nations supply of high street jumpers. How rainy and cold is it now? People bringing in daily Xmas tins more than makes up for the dull weather but I’m pretty sure the entire lot of our office are going to be ready for the oven by December. Must do sit ups. Soon.

1. Nikki Thomas September 30, 2017 / 9:57 pm

Great photos although it does sound very exhausting. The cake looks delicious! We have been talking a lot about A’s birthday party this week and it isn’t until December and I am already tired just thinking about it!
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…Top Family Activities for a Fun WeekendMy Profile

2. Fee September 30, 2017 / 10:24 pm

Oh my that cake!!! Did you make it?! Loads of parties sounds like lots of tiring fun. #365
    Fee recently posted…Project 365 – Week 39My Profile

3. Debbie Roberts October 1, 2017 / 6:14 am

H Tas, I don’t envy you the children’s parties one bit! I’m still mentally scarred from my twos. My youngest’s birthday is in January and every year I’d stress that no one would come as it’s that time of year!… The rainbow cake looks the business, I’d quite happily have a slice of that right now… We’re not quite into jumpers yet, but I’m sat here in fluffy PJ’s which is only one step away.

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…Zakynthos Town At NightMy Profile

4. Sarah MumofThree World October 1, 2017 / 6:41 am

I love the photo with the balloons. We definitely forget how tiring parties can be just in time for the next birthday!
    The lunch you had with Nisbah looks delicious!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 1st October 2017My Profile

5. Anne October 1, 2017 / 9:14 am

I always breathe a sigh of relief when the parties are over. Yes, next year you will forget how stressful they are and start focusing on bigger and better! That cake looks totally amazing, such vibrant colours x
    #mysundayphoto
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo 1st October 2017My Profile

6. Erica Price October 1, 2017 / 10:03 am

I’m with you on the jumpers. Hope this weekend is a bit less hectic.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 39My Profile

7. Emma T October 1, 2017 / 2:23 pm

Apart from the rain, it’s still too hot for coats and jumpers down here! That last photo looks delicious.

N once slept through a joint party when he was 2 as well.
    Emma T recently posted…My Sunday Photo – fairground on South BankMy Profile

8. Lins @ Boo & Maddie October 1, 2017 / 8:18 pm

That rainbow cake looks amazing. And I’m not sure we’re ever too old to party 😉 Although I definitely feel it at times! #mysundayphoto

9. Sara | mumturnedmom October 2, 2017 / 3:06 pm

That cake looks fab! Canada is on our list, we can actually drive there from where we are 🙂 Maybe next summer!
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…The Prompt: Week 157My Profile

10. Susan Mann October 3, 2017 / 1:32 pm

Great photos although it does sound very exhausting. That cake looks delicious! I have been to Canada as my cousin lives there. I was quite young though and would love to go again. I’m not sure what we are doing about parties this year. It seems so exhausting just thinking about it. x

11. RachelSwirl October 3, 2017 / 10:14 pm

The toddler party looks so colourful and fun, that cake is amazing!!! As for sit ups… PAH!