No sleep and being able to see again

Our littlest man hasn’t been sleeping well this last week. We couldn’t understand he fuss at first but he keeps waking around 2am, getting into our bed for a snooze and then just waking constantly after that until it’s time for everyone to get up for the day. Of course by that point he’s probably knocked out and may as well be snoring away. It’s been tiring but I eventually did a quick Google and realised he’s going through a big mental leap. I forget which now but it’s meant to last another week. Deep joy. So hopefully there is an end in sight and we will all get sleep again soon.
Meanwhile, the eye cream industry is making shed loads of money from me as I try out yet another expensive one to cling onto my yoof.

He’s also throwing hints about potty training. He cannot stand any kind of dirty nappy and will even wake us at night time to change him. This is TERRIBLE!! Mainly as I hate potty training. The last time with Z wasn’t actually that bad when it came down to it but I’m hoping I get another few months at least before we have to go down that route.

I also now have glasses and I can SEE!! It’s slightly alarming me how I’ve been looking at blurry faces at a distance and not realised all this time that they weren’t quite in focus. Apparently it’s quite a common thing to happen and people don’t realise their vision deteriorating but I’ve now stopped gawping at people far away like a goldfish for that extra second. I don’t need them all the time, just when my eyes are “tired”, which is usually around the afternoon after staring at a computer screen for a few hours. But ahh it’s so nice to see things sharply again.

1. Nikki Thomas October 14, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Oh, the joys of potty training!! IT might be easy and if he shows signs of being ready, I’m sure it will be fine. I still have nightmares about potty training my youngest son, I am very glad that I don’t have to do that again. The glasses look lovely, it is weird when the world suddenly becomes clear, isn’t it? My last visit to the opticians was a shock as there was a big difference from my last prescription and when I had my new glasses, I couldn’t believe the difference.
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…What do you do with your children’s artwork?My Profile

2. Tim October 15, 2017 / 12:17 am

The new glasses look good! And I am so glad we’re past the point of potty training now – that’s a time we definitely don’t miss at all …

3. Debbie Roberts October 15, 2017 / 6:03 am

Hi Taz, deprive me of anything but not my sleep (or sugar)! I hope the faze is as short-lived as expected. .. Your glasses look good on you and that reminds me I really must go and see an optician, I want to see the world through sharp eyes!… Good luck with the potty training too.

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…Sea DaffodilsMy Profile

4. John Adams October 15, 2017 / 6:09 am

You and Mrs Adams have something in common as she’s just started wearing glasses too. Glad you can see again and hoping your little one gets some rest and and decent night’s sleep soon. #mysundayphoto
    John Adams recently posted…A curious sight in HastingsMy Profile

5. Sarah MumofThree World October 15, 2017 / 7:15 am

Hooray for being able to see again! The glasses look very nice too. Fingers crossed the little man starts to sleep again soon!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 15.10.17My Profile

6. Topsy Turvy Tribe October 15, 2017 / 9:40 am

Great new glasses, I’m expecting mine shipped over the UK this week so very excited, can’t even remember what they look like it’s been that long since I ordered them! Potty training is hard, mine were both done by two as we used cloth nappies and I was fed up with washing them! Good luck and I hope the sleep gets better asap!
    Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Idanha-a-Nova LakeMy Profile

7. Erica Price October 15, 2017 / 10:35 am

I hated potty training too so I can understand wanting to put it off. I’m liking the new specs!
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 41My Profile

8. Emma T October 15, 2017 / 8:55 pm

Love the glasses. I keep thinking I should have them because I get headaches, but I only get them at work usually and not at home where I spend just as much time on the laptop!
    Emma T recently posted…School Days – lorries and forest schoolMy Profile

9. Elaine Livingstone October 16, 2017 / 7:52 am

eye sight and hearing deteriorate over the years tiny bit by tiny bit and amazing how we dont notice it, but glad you have the glasses sorted. I need distance ones for driving. They look great on you.
    My daughter hates potty training as well and usually waits until they bring themselves out
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 41My Profile

10. Emma Raphael October 16, 2017 / 9:40 am

We’ve had a few restless nights too, which is odd as the Toddler has always been a brilliant sleeper! I hear you about potty training too. I am not starting seriously until next Spring though… 😀 Love your glasses, they really suit you! 🙂
    Emma Raphael recently posted…Sunday Photo – Me and my Shadow…My Profile

11. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) October 16, 2017 / 12:18 pm

Love the new glasses and it’s lovely when you can see in sharp focus again. Good luck with the potty training when you go down that route. I’m so glad we’re mostly the other side of it now!

12. Susan Mann October 16, 2017 / 11:46 pm

The new glasses are gorgeous. It is amazing what a difference they make. Good luck with the potty training in the near future. Big hugs xx

13. Fozia S October 20, 2017 / 7:47 pm

Glasses look great on you! Ah the joys of potting training……good luck! Hope he starts sleeping through again…you must be exhausted with the constant waking up.
    Fozia S recently posted…Review: Shnook Plush DollMy Profile