Abu Dhabi for half term – And travelling with a little hurricane

We are in Abu Dhabi!

It was all a bit last minute really (as everything always is travel wise with us). Actually, by our standards, we were super organised with this one as the flights at least were booked a few weeks ago with a friend planting the idea in my head and somehow…the whole thing was booked within about two hours from the start of a conversation to “yeah go on then”. We weren’t meant to go, we were meant to “take it easy and just have some downtime” to recharge our batteries. Oops. But proper sunshine was far too tempting.

I was dreading the flight here more and more as it all approached as the two year old has now reached the little hurricane / naked toddler phase. Nothing keeps his attention for more than 10 minutes at a time, not even his clothes, and you can pretty much find him darting about frantically from place to place looking to either climb it all, throw himself off it or take it apart. He intersperses stripping off completely at lightning speed within it all and will make a mad dash for the wash basket to dump everything including his nappy. It’s rather tiring trying to keep him clothed at the moment but he loves it so much. Little Z never went through this so this is all a bit perplexing and new to us. So far, he hasn’t done it in public (phew) but I did have visions of him attempting it for the first time on the plane.

As luck would have it he was mostly very very good and we got beaming smiles from other passengers when we landed a few hours ago. The one that suggests we have brought our angel kids up really well. We smugly used to think that actually was the case when we had Little Z. Then Little E came along and we fast found that it’s all pot luck really how kids behave on a plane and it can be pretty stressful when others around you start to get irritated at your kids squealing for the 5th consecutive hour. On this occasion we got off the flight intact and kind of stress free (thank God!).

So we are here, for a week, and ready to soak up a lot of warmth and family time. Our hotel is amazing and the staff are just so lovely with the kids (and us!). We have vague plans about what we’ll be doing but we shall mostly wing it and hopefully take a million photos of our boys.

Wish you were here!!

1. Nikki Thomas November 4, 2017 / 7:50 pm

Your photos have looked amazing and it looks like the most wonderful place to visit. I hope the flight back is as successful and the jet lag isn’t too bad.

2. Tim November 5, 2017 / 2:03 am

Your photos have been fantastic this week. We’ve got a similarly big trip planned for February, so we’ll see how our kids cope with more than a short hop to Europe.

3. Chickenruby November 5, 2017 / 4:06 am

‘Wish you were here’ I’m just up the road. Lol but off to the UK tomorrow, you’ve picked a great week for weather, enjoy your holiday.

4. Debbie Roberts November 5, 2017 / 7:10 am

Hi Taz, have a fab time there. I remember the aversion to clothes thing when my daughter was young, luckily now at 17 she happily wears them. That may not be any comfort to you on your journey home, but just know the phase will come to an end.

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…Autumnal Colours Of A PomegranateMy Profile

5. Sarah MumofThree World November 5, 2017 / 8:43 am

Such a lovely photo and glad he was good on the plane. I had to laugh about him stripping off and putting everything in the laundry basket – that’s a skill my boys have yet to master!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 5.11.17My Profile

6. Baby Isabella November 5, 2017 / 10:01 am

We travelled to warmer climes as well this half term. Everyone needs a little sunshine at this time of the year. Lovely photo x #MySundayPhoto
    Baby Isabella recently posted…Bewitched at BeWILDerwoodMy Profile

7. Erica Price November 5, 2017 / 10:52 am

Looked like a great trip and getting some sunshine in late October/early November is always a plus. Glad the flight went off so well.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 44: 2017My Profile

8. Karen Reekie November 5, 2017 / 12:26 pm

Bring the warm back with you please! Looks gorgeous!
    #mysundayphoto

9. Susan Mann November 6, 2017 / 6:39 pm

This looks and sounds wonderful. I have never been here before, but my little cousin has just moved out to Dubai and visited here recently, it looked amazing in his photos. The boys look like they had fun. I could be doing with some sunshine xx

10. Elaine Livingstone November 6, 2017 / 8:25 pm

my son hated clothes as well and didn’t care would run round the back gardens in the scud as well.
    Glad the plane journey went well and the children made you proud. Have a great holiday
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 44My Profile

11. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) November 8, 2017 / 12:24 am

What a gorgeous photo of Little E on the beach. So glad that your flight went well and hope you are having a wonderful time away 🙂

12. Jodie November 8, 2017 / 5:36 pm

Ohhh how amazing! Have THE best time. We are totally not jealous… haha. x

13. Neesie November 13, 2017 / 6:15 pm

Great photos. I have done long haul flights travelling home for regular visit to family here in the UK when I lived overseas. Sometimes I think the thought and preparation in advance is worse and worrying than the actual flight. The first big flight was when my son was only 6 months old when I flew to Brunei and my daughter only 5 years old. I don’t remember it being traumatic…but there again I may have blocked it out! ;D
    I hope you can overcome the jet lag easily. Good Luck!