Autumn days when it’s all very pretty

It really is cold now isn’t it? I have all my jumpers out and just gaze longingly at even more jumpers online (and try not to buy them all!). And I’ve gone yet another week and not written anything about our holiday. I promise to write this week, etc etc. I really will. Honest! I keep meaning to write about our time at the Yas Marina circuit as that was one of my favourite bits. I’ll do it soon.

We spent our days off going on a nice autumnal drive around where we live. We’re surrounded by hills and farms, and places like the Yorkshire dales are really close by so a few minutes in the car and you’re surrounded by very pretty landscape. I always forget how nice it all looks when it all turns golden brown.

We rewarded ourselves with some dinner and some very nice comfort desserts. We’ve been doing far too much treating ourselves lately so I’m now trying to be good and cutting out the snacks a bit.

It’s so hard with all the millions of Christmas selection boxes that are now out but if I’m not careful then I’ll be crow barring myself into my jeans and work trousers. But look, how nice!

1. chickenruby November 18, 2017 / 9:30 pm

the food looks lovely, i’ve really enjoyed autumn this year but not looking forward to winter and very pleased to be going back to Dubai next week for a bit of sun now it’s cool enough to be outdoors, look forward to reading your holiday posts. Abu Dhabi isn’t somewhere we spend much time despite only being 90 mins down the road

2. Fee November 18, 2017 / 9:32 pm

Oh I’m like you, I live love desert but am.going to gave to work really hard before Christmas as there is so.much around everywhere now. #365
    Fee recently posted…Project 365 – Week 46My Profile

3. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) November 19, 2017 / 1:03 am

Oh that first photo is beautiful. What a pretty part of the country you live in. It has got much colder now hasn’t it? Definitely jumper weather! 🙂

4. Tammy November 19, 2017 / 1:09 am

Oh such beautiful scenes! I adore the colours of autumn on lanes lined by trees. Just so beautiful.
    Tammy recently posted…My Sunday Photo {19/11/2017}My Profile

5. Sarah November 19, 2017 / 2:23 am

Beautiful photos! Autumn is definitely the prettiest season, but your right – it sure is getting colder!!

6. Debbie Roberts November 19, 2017 / 6:46 am

Hi Taz, I bet the Yorkshire Dales are very pretty this time of year (when it’s not raining). It is hard to stop snacking when surrounded by so much temptation. I have t close my eyes when walking around certain parts of the supermarket. I’m surprised I’ve not been banned for accidentally ramming people with my trolley!

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…50mm Or 35mm?My Profile

7. John Adams November 19, 2017 / 8:29 am

Love that shot of the sun poking out the top of the hill. Is that a sunrise or sunset? And yes, it is getting very cold!

8. Erica Price November 19, 2017 / 10:06 am

Oh you are doing well for food this week. I am trying to cut back a bit too because there will always be a bit of overdosing at Christmas. You’ll get to those holiday posts eventually.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 46:2017My Profile

9. Anne November 19, 2017 / 10:41 am

You can tell it’s colder I’ve dug out my old cardi that is so warm and snuggly. I wouldn’t wear it out because it’s old and bobbly but it keeps me cosy indoors. The food looks yummy but I love your Autumn photos.
    #mysundayphoto
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo 19th November 2011My Profile

10. Kerri Ann November 19, 2017 / 11:29 am

I agree you can’t beat a frost and that autumn glow. It felt like winter had arrived this week. Lovely colours #mysundayphoto

11. Carol November 19, 2017 / 11:30 am

Autumn has a beauty all its own. I agree you have to watch yourself during the holidays as sweets are so abundant. Otherwise it’s diet city for me in Jan and Feb.
    Carol recently posted…Tarragon FlowersMy Profile

12. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe November 19, 2017 / 10:41 pm

The Dales really are gorgeous aren’t they. Rather different than the Middle East! Those comfort desserts look like a perfect treat after a freezing cold day! #MySundayPhoto

13. Sabina Green November 19, 2017 / 11:38 pm

It was the perfect day for getting out today wasn’t it, always such beautiful hue to the sunshine at this time of year x

14. Susan Mann November 21, 2017 / 3:20 pm

You know I love a pretty tree and sky picture. It’s such a lovely time of year and the sunshine along with the clear skies is perfect. x

15. Elaine Livingstone November 21, 2017 / 7:42 pm

beautiful scenery, I love this time of year for photographs.
    one of the joys of my allergies, puddings may look nice but there is no temptation to eat them.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 45 and 46.My Profile