Those blurry days and looking forward to the new year

I’m not quite sure what to write about my last week of December. Christmas and Boxing Day definitely happened but all the days have merged into one big blur. I can’t believe the last week has flown by and I’ve pretty much thought it’s been Sunday for most of them. I was meant to do some work and I didn’t and I think the same will apply next week. I’m pretty sure we are a tonne of food and I’ve turned into the screechy Frau from Austen Powers. I need to cool it a bit! We’ve also made almost daily trips to the swings to burn off some energy.

As is normal for me, I’ve been thinking a lot about the last year. We were meant to have a quiet one and be all grown up and find a new house to move to. None of that happened and we managed to somehow do a tonne of traveling instead. I think my biggest travelling highlight has been to discover the Scottish highlands and the inner Hebrides. I know I go on and on (and on) about Scotland, but, wow, what a beautiful country. We got to see Glencoe this year and so much of Argyll and the isle of Mull. I’m already thinking about our next visit there and would love to go further up north. So many asked if it was all kid friendly and it really really is. Of course there are bits that aren’t but I will have to get Googling on more Scottish places to visit for the next year. I’m thinking the cairngorms and Inverness. Oh and Edinburgh. Can’t not go to Edinburgh.

Work has gotten busier which is no bad thing and my blog has suffered a lot as a result. Things are going to change again this year but I guess that’s the nature of where I work and one just has to hope it’s a good change. Change always means new adventures and new friends so that’s no bad thing. But I will live in my bubble for a few more days with the boys before rejoining the big wide world…

So for one more week we intend to make more park trips and eat well.

Happy new year all. May 2018 be an amazing one for you.

1. Nikki Thomas December 30, 2017 / 8:25 pm

Aw look at that face! He obviously loves the swings. It sounds like you have had an amazing year, I have loved seeing the pictures of your holidays, they are always amazing. I am totally with you with the bubble. I am quite happy in mine at the moment. Happy new year to you and your gorgeous family xx

2. Tim December 31, 2017 / 1:11 am

Blurry, yes, but still a lovely shot. You’ve had an exciting year in 2017. We keep saying we must take the kids to Scotland – it really is such a beautiful country – but already we’re fully booked up for 2018. Ah well, maybe 2019 …

3. Cat Williams December 31, 2017 / 2:52 am

Is there anything more fun than a ride on a swing!?

4. John Adams December 31, 2017 / 6:52 am

Change change change change change. It’s inevitable isn’t it?? Love the look on your little one’s face. Obviously love a good swing, like my youngest. All the bets for 2018!

5. Darren Coleshil December 31, 2017 / 9:59 am

Beautiful smile, these days are a total blur to me too.

Thank you for linking up during 2017 and have a Happy New Year.

6. Susan Mann December 31, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Aww look at his wee face. How can you look at that and not smile? Gorgeous chops. It has been lovely to have some downtime. They are a bit of a blur you are right. Happy new year to you, my wonderful friend xx

7. Sara | mumturnedmom December 31, 2017 / 7:33 pm

Ah, that’s a happy face 🙂 Sounds like you’ve had fun, enjoy the rest of your break! I love hearing how much you love Scotland 🙂 Wishing you a very Happy New Year, and good things for 2018 xx
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Reflections: Week 51-52My Profile

8. Emma T January 1, 2018 / 12:14 am

Lovely photo of E. I really want to take N to Edinburgh. We went when I was 7.5 months pregnant and it really is a great city. Would love to go round the rest of Scotland too – unfortunately my Scottish godparents are now in Devon! So no staying with them. Hope you guys have a great new year (and hope work turns out ok. We’ve got similar upheaval at the moment and noone knows what’s going to happen yet).
    Emma T recently posted…My Sunday Photo – disco lightsMy Profile

9. Debbie January 1, 2018 / 6:52 am

Hi Taz, it is the time of year for reflection and for engaging that reset button. The expression on your little ones face is perfect; let’s just close our eyes and enjoy the ride!… Hope 2018 is a fantastic year for you and your family and that you get up to Scotland again!

xx
    Debbie recently posted…White Christmas In GreeceMy Profile

10. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) January 4, 2018 / 9:00 pm

Such a lovely shot of Little E having fun at the park. Love that period between Christmas and New Year, hope you enjoyed it 🙂