Where’s my snow?

After trying countless posts over the years about how we get SO much snow where we live, I was fully expecting to wake up with everything looking like a fabulous winter wonderland and getting ready to build our very first snowman of the year. It was going to be double special as it would be the first time our toddler will have seen inches of soft snow that we could all then chuck about and have a nice snowball fight in. So I was a bit baffled when we woke to about 2mm of it. Enough to panic drivers on the non gritted roads and have them move about in slow motion, but not enough to play in. Bah! We’re forecast “more” tomorrow so let’s see what brings.

How is December always a bit of a blur? We’re already a third of the way through, I have so much to do at work still, Zs birthday is just around the corner and then it’s time to down tools to watch too many Christmas movies. I guess it feels hectic as we try to get a months worth of everything done in 3 weeks. That last week doesn’t really count as it’s reserved for all the festivities and holiday time. I….cannot…wait!

I did manage to have an unexpected day off this week and so pottered about Trafford centre and ate food, which is always a brilliant thing to do when you don’t have to think about the kiddies. I seem to have forgotten to do this at some point in the year, mainly as the toddler doesn’t let me still for too long, but I fully on making it one of my New Years resolutions.

1. Alan Herbert December 10, 2017 / 7:32 am

We had a tiny spattering. But as we speak it’s falling quite well and has been for the last few hours. Bring on the hot chocolate and snow ball fights.

#mysundayphoto
    Alan Herbert recently posted…OMG you did what?My Profile

2. Sharon powell December 10, 2017 / 8:46 am

Oh I need to try and make that one of my New Years resolutions too, I haven’t done it at all since having Jack and he’s 2 in Jan. We’ve only just got snow this morning (lots of it) and loving it!

3. Sarah MumofThree World December 10, 2017 / 8:46 am

That looks delicious! I think we should all take a bit of time for ourselves every now and then. I rarely do it, but whenever I do, I feel really refreshed.
    Hope you get your snow, your snowman and your snowball fight! It’s just started snowing here today. There’s supposed to be quite a lot, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 10.12.17My Profile

4. Erica Price December 10, 2017 / 11:20 am

Pity about the snow. I know what you mean about having some time to yourself. It does make such a difference sometimes especially with a little one.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 49: 2017My Profile

5. Emma Raphael December 10, 2017 / 11:55 am

Oh my gosh, that looks delicious. Yep, a piddly amount here too, and all manner of things being cancelled. We didn’t have a snow day in 5 years of heavy snow in Bavaria! Used to drive me mad! 😀
    Emma Raphael recently posted…Sunday Photo – Danish SunsetMy Profile

6. Anne December 10, 2017 / 12:24 pm

Oh that food looks delicious and I’m so hungry! You are welcome to some of our snow, we have about 6 inches and it’s still falling!
    #mysundayphoto
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo 10th December 2017My Profile

7. Emma T December 10, 2017 / 7:51 pm

Ooh yum, those poached eggs looks good. Hope you get some snow then. I’m sick of it and ready for ours to go now but given it’s likely to drop to -12C on Tuesday, I’m not hopeful
    Emma T recently posted…School days – Christmas run up and maths testsMy Profile

8. Elaine Livingstone December 10, 2017 / 9:32 pm

yes it only seems to take 2cm of snow here to grind the place to a halt as well.
    we had about that much this week as well, and it is still frozen on the ground where it fell.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 49My Profile

9. Susan Mann December 14, 2017 / 5:40 pm

Oh I hear you. I didn’t get any either. So even coming to scotland wouldn’t have helped. That egg looks lovely and I’m don’t even eat them. Sounds like a good week though lovely x