Happy new year – Time to leave the bubble

Happy new year!

We’ve been really lucky with the entire first week off school and I managed to wrangle a few extra days off (well, I had to work one day and it all came screaming back within about a nano second but ah well) so we’ve rinsed out some more lazy days. We managed to squeeze in a panto trip and had a little wander around the city centre. I haven’t been to a pantomime since I was 8 years old in a dusty old church which has long since burnt down. I’d completely forgotten what pantos were like with all the slapstick humour, the double entendres and all the colour. It wasn’t in a dusty old church this time but at the opera house and i think I’ve decided we definitely need to go see shows more often.

We haven’t really done anything much more than that other than enjoy our little bubble. Not even decluttering got done very well. I may have to save that for the rest of January. We did find out of some more impending new babies that are due to arrive this spring and summer, which takes the grand total to 8. What the heck has gone on to cause that mini baby boom in my circle? This might be the year of the newborn baby cuddles, which I’m really looking forward to (and then being able to give them back!).

It might also be the year where I open my eyes and admire the view a bit more. I must have walked past this shop for a few years and I’ve never noticed how old and pretty this window shop display is. The entire shop is ancient looking and I now regret not going in and having a good nosey. But look…how pretty!! I don’t really walk about staring at my phone but I must be half a daze to not notice little gems like this right in my path.

Alas, I guess it’s time to leave our little bubble and go back to school and work properly.

1. Sarah MumofThree World January 6, 2018 / 9:57 pm

What a cool and quirky little shop! Sorry it’s time for your bubble to burst, but speaking from ‘the other side’, it’s not actually all that bad!
    So glad you enjoyed the panto.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2018 Week 1My Profile

2. Emma T January 7, 2018 / 12:28 am

Ooh I’m seeing sideways picture! We went to the panto too – my last one was helping on the door at our village one when I was about 12. I’m not sure panto’s really our thing after this one. Hope back to school goes ok
    Emma T recently posted…My Sunday Photo / Project 52 week 1My Profile

3. Tim January 7, 2018 / 1:10 am

Ooh, I’m sideways too. Great shot, though.

It’s been hard getting back into the swing of work – but after two days back Christmas already feels like a distant memory. πŸ™

4. chickenruby January 7, 2018 / 5:07 am

i love touching around shops like this, sadly we don’t have them here in Dubai, just all new stuff, no one wants to buy quirky things like this over here and when i go to the uk i can’t bring much stuff back with me sadly
    . Happy New Year to you all and hope back to work and school went well
    chickenruby recently posted…My Sunday Photo Week 158 Bluewaters Island and the Dubai EyeMy Profile

5. John Adams January 7, 2018 / 7:36 am

ENjoy the views! I have promised myself similar. That does look like an incredibly photogenic shop. Well spotted.

6. Debbie January 7, 2018 / 8:21 am

HI Taz, ooh that does look like a little Aladdin’s cave, who knows what treasures you may have found in there, but then that may have only added to your clutter. It is comforting to know that for many of us ‘real life’ starts again tomorrow. I hope the transition goes smoothly fo you.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…Blackberries On SkoposMy Profile

7. Jo January 7, 2018 / 9:28 am

I love finding little gems of shops like this – you can spend ages (and lots of cash) on quirky things that you think you need πŸ˜‰

Hope all goes well for you in 2018 – looking forward to seeing all those lovely baby cuddles, I now love giving them back – couldn’t go back to those days myself!

8. Darren Coleshil January 7, 2018 / 9:43 am

Happy New Year

It sounds like a lovely relaxing start to 2018, we all went back on Wednesday and it was a struggle.

9. Erica Price January 7, 2018 / 11:32 am

Always a bit of a shock going back after Christmas. Sounds like you have eased yourself in a bit though. What a pretty shop!
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 1: 2018My Profile

10. Anne January 7, 2018 / 11:33 am

That does look like a fascinating little shop. I hope your return to work and school is painless. We are back next week too, well, no work for me but the kids are back to school and I’m back in hospital.
    Happy New Year x
    #mysundayphoto
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 7th January 2018My Profile

11. Fee January 7, 2018 / 4:29 pm

I love shops like this even if I hardly ever buy anything. So beautiful to admire. I really must do that more too this year. #365
    Fee recently posted…Project 365 – Week OneMy Profile

12. Mum OverRun. Sarah Aslett January 7, 2018 / 5:31 pm

I love little unique shops like this – you should definitely go back and go inside. We’re all back to life and school tomorrow – Christmas is officially over πŸ™

13. TheBoyandMe January 8, 2018 / 1:04 am

Oi you, this isn’t a year off you know! πŸ˜‰ Get off your bum and go and earn some pennies!

Love the photo of that shop, looks like a treasure trove to explore.

14. Hayley @hayleyfromhome January 8, 2018 / 10:48 am

That does look like a cute little shop! We went to a panto with the boys for the first time since I was a child, Lucas’ grandma usually takes him and his cousins but seen as the twins were going too this year we had to go along. I never liked them as a child but it was actually much better than I was expecting! I haven’t put any new years tidying or decluttering into action yet either – still plenty of time for all that πŸ˜‰
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted…My Year In Books 2017My Profile

15. natalie January 10, 2018 / 4:59 pm

Happy New Year lovely – I loved the Christmas bubble. It was just what I needed.

16. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) January 11, 2018 / 2:32 pm

Oh that shop does look pretty – what an interesting place it must be to browse. That bubble after Christmas is such a lovely one. Hope you are managing to settle back in to normality this week and how lovely to have lots of new babies to look forward to this year. Newborn cuddles are just wonderful πŸ™‚

17. Mandi January 11, 2018 / 9:57 pm

Know exactly what you mean. ours felt like a bubble too, was just a bit of a reality shock when we did have to leave it!!
    Mandi recently posted…Living Arrows 2/53My Profile