Hello January

It feels like we’ve been thrown full whack back into routine again and it’s felt like the longest week ever. I think we did need some normality back again and some structure to our lives given the last few weeks has all been about way too much food and way too many late nights. We’re all a bit tired though but I think we are pretty much back to normal. Throw in 3 birthdays in two weeks and we’ve had a lot of cake and not much downtime. I suddenly remembered why I never diet in January or find it too gloomy. There should be many more birthdays this time of year just to get us through the post Christmas gloom.

We did manage to squeeze in some good new bike time now that he has a helmet and the weathers thawed out a bit. Z is insisting he doesn’t need stabilisers (which he does) so we’ve said we’ll think about taking them off some time soon (maybe in about 6 months or so). For now, he’s happy zooming about the tennis courts in a confined space.

1. Susan Mann January 13, 2018 / 10:58 pm

It has been such a tiring and long week. The bike ride sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you are feeling better lovely and here’s to an easier week xx

2. Emma January 14, 2018 / 1:10 am

Oh yes it’s always nice to get back to some routine and normality isn’t it!

3. Baby Isabella January 14, 2018 / 1:14 am

We’ve been knackered this week returning back to work/school. Nice bike, I’m sure it won’t be long until the stabilisers come off! #MySundayPhoto

4. Debbie January 14, 2018 / 7:22 am

Hi Taz, I only have one birthday to cope with this time of year and that exhausted me. I couldn’t cope with any more! A good dose of fresh air and fun riding a new bike is just what the doctor ordered to keep the blues away.

Debbie recently posted…Feeling OldMy Profile

5. Sarah MumofThree World January 14, 2018 / 7:56 am

His bike looks fab! It is strange to be back into routine, isn’t it? Although I’ve pretty much forgotten what it was like over Christmas now!
    (Our kids all learned to ride their bikes very easily. They learned on grass, so they didn’t get hurt when they fell off and practised on a slight slope to give them the momentum. The younger two learned within literally minutes. Good luck!)
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 14.1.18My Profile

6. Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs January 14, 2018 / 8:39 am

It’s tough getting back into a routine isn’t it?! I feel much better now for having ours back though, even if I did enjoy the endless PJ days!
    Great bike Z πŸ™‚

7. Darren Coleshil January 14, 2018 / 9:01 am

Getting back into the routine is hard work. That looks like a groovy bike.

8. Kara January 14, 2018 / 11:09 am

Eliza is bugging me to go out on her new bike, the weather has been so rubbish though!!

9. Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One January 14, 2018 / 1:13 pm

My son won’t go near a bike any more, to the point I sold his old one as it was way too small for him. Makes me sad, hope you have better luck #365

10. chickenruby January 14, 2018 / 4:01 pm

it won’t be long before those stabilisers come off, it’s seems to take for ever and all of a sudden they get the hang of it. Birthdays in january sound good, although I don’t need any excuse for cake
    chickenruby recently posted…My Sunday Photo Week 159 Dubai MarinaMy Profile

11. Rosie Hill (@EcoGitesLenault) January 14, 2018 / 4:59 pm

You need to get over to our gite – we have had 2 children learn to ride without stabilisers whilst staying here! #MySundayPhoto

12. Emma Raphael January 14, 2018 / 9:51 pm

I know exactly what you mean about it being a super long week… Love the new bike! I remember hours of holding a rolled up towel under the arms of my older two when the stablisers came off… Worked though! πŸ˜€
    Emma Raphael recently posted…Sunday Photo – Cambridge DoorsMy Profile

13. Karen Hannah January 15, 2018 / 5:17 am

Ah he’s a big boy now! Loving the new bike and also loving how independent he’s becoming wanting those stabilisers off!

14. Elaine Livingstone January 18, 2018 / 9:57 am

yes often think Jan is the wrong time to diet with all the post Christmas goodies lying around. Birthdays that near to Christmas are handy for buying stuff in the sales.
    Glad he is getting out on the bike
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 2My Profile

15. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) January 20, 2018 / 3:16 pm

Birthdays and cake sound like the perfect way to ease the January gloom. Little Z looks like he is having a great time out on his bike. Good luck with getting the stabilisers off! πŸ™‚

16. Erica Price January 20, 2018 / 7:01 pm

He’s looking very grown up on his bike isn’t he? Can’t beat cake to cheer up January.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 2: 2018My Profile

17. Mandi January 27, 2018 / 2:05 pm

He will get there without stabilisers, it just takes time and they always think they are ready before they are! I never diet in April because of Easter and 5 of our birthdays!
    Mandi recently posted…Project 365 Week 4My Profile

18. Erika Parker February 3, 2018 / 10:20 am

Ahhh! Like most people, January is my least favourite month!

19. Erika Parker February 3, 2018 / 10:24 am

Aaah. Like most people, January is not my favourite month either.