Weddings and bad colds

The last week has been a flurry of weddings and bad head colds. Well, just one wedding really but several nights of celebrating for the same couple. Isn’t it funny how you only ever meet some of the same people at weddings and funerals? Like they’re your own little unique community that comes together for these major life events but where you don’t actually see them otherwise, even when you don’t live that far away from each other.

One lovely lady sat down next to me at the wedding, gave me a massive hello and then immediately asked “what did you have?!”. It took me a second to remember who she was, and then another second to register what she was asking.

“A boy. Two years ago!!” We then laughed about how long it had been and how we shouldn’t leave it so long next time. We will probably leave it just as long before next time happens. She didn’t get to meet little E though as it was an evening wedding and there was no way we were chancing crazy toddler antics at the nice do.

I’ve been full of a bad head cold ever since. I’m pretty sure I’ve had it on and off now for about 3 weeks and it is SO annoying. I was so poorly on Friday, my work colleagues sent me home. And I’ve been sleeping and eating ever since. Not losing my appetite is the only thing that makes me I don’t have the flu but it really does feel like I could have a touch of it. I’m now aching all over and fully drugged to the eye balls. I reeeeally hope it goes away by the time I’m back at work but I’m miserably realising I might need a good few days of rest. Im not any good with full rest at all so I’m not sure what I’ll do yet but I have been enjoying Netflix quite a lot the last few days. It’s been lovely to watch (or half watch before I fall asleep yet again) some movies on there. If anyone has any feel good cheer me ups then please pass them this way. For now, I’ll show you a rare sibling selfie (plus some partners) from the wedding last weekend. I’m pretty sure my mum will kill me for putting this up on the t’interweb but I think it might be the only selfie I have of most of us. A couple of family people are missing but we hardly ever take a family pic so it’s one I don’t want to lose. Maybe that should be something I change in 2018

• Notmyyearoff January 31, 2018 / 8:59 am

Thanks Fiona. Hope you’re all well! 🙂

1. Debbie January 28, 2018 / 6:52 am

Hi Tas, I can’t really remember the last time we had a family get together, but I think it was my Grandmas funeral way back when. We tend to miss out as living abroad means it’s not so easy to get over for family gatherings. Don’t forget to back up that photo to several places. Yesterday I caught my husband going to delete an old photo of m=our two with their cousins… Why?… Because it was old!!!(??).

I hope you are feeling much better now. Those head colds are lousy.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…A Trek Up Marathia, ZakynthosMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff January 31, 2018 / 9:00 am

It makes you think doesn’t it? I’m forever taking photos of the boys to capture memories but always forget to take any of my own siblings and myself!

2. Sarah MumofThree World January 28, 2018 / 8:22 am

Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you definitely need to rest for a few days. The sibling selfie is fab. I think the last time I had a photo with my brother and sister was at my dad’s 70th – and he’s just turned 73!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 28.1.18My Profile

• Notmyyearoff January 31, 2018 / 9:04 am

I didn’t really realise how few we take of our own siblings. Must take more this year!

3. John Adams January 28, 2018 / 8:26 am

Haha, sure your mum will forgive you. At least you’re all together and looking happy. Just make sure you give her a copy!

• Notmyyearoff January 31, 2018 / 9:04 am

I’m sat next to her now, maybe I should just show her 🙂

4. Darren Coleshil January 28, 2018 / 9:31 am

A lovely happy photo, hope you feel better soon.

• Notmyyearoff January 31, 2018 / 9:05 am

Thanks Darren – hope you’re all well too! 🙂

5. Helpful Mum January 28, 2018 / 9:47 am

Love these pictures. Looks like a great wedding. Sorry about the cold! Hope you’re feeling better soon.

6. Anne January 28, 2018 / 10:28 am

I hope you are feeling better soon. I’m glad you enjoyed the wedding celebrations. My family only tend to get together at funerals, it’s the only time I see them. 🙁 xx
    #mysundayphoto
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 28th January 2018My Profile

• Notmyyearoff January 31, 2018 / 9:07 am

I’ve never thought of it before but it hit me this weekend – its kind of sad isn’t it? I feel like I should arrange a happy get together!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…Weddings and bad coldsMy Profile

7. Neesie January 28, 2018 / 12:40 pm

Happy Wedding Day photos…everyone looks like they’re having a wonderful time meeting up and spending time together.
    Hope the cold disappears soon 😀

8. Carol January 28, 2018 / 2:06 pm

What a bad combination, weddings and head colds. Hope everyone is well

9. Emma T January 28, 2018 / 4:18 pm

Hope you get well soon. I wish I’d taken a couple of days off at the start of mine. Would have given me some good rest.

Lovely family pic. We’re the same – random people say hello to me at things, turns out they were at our wedding which was 2004! I never know who half the farming lot are.
    Emma T recently posted…Project 52 2018 week 4 / My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

10. Tara January 28, 2018 / 5:18 pm

Lovely photos, especially the family pic. I hope you’re feeling much better now, there’s so many nasty bugs going around. #MySundayPhoto

• Notmyyearoff January 31, 2018 / 9:09 am

There really are – I really want them out of my house now. I’m carrying lemsip around which is no fun!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…Weddings and bad coldsMy Profile

11. Kim Carberry January 28, 2018 / 5:37 pm

I hope you feel better soon….My teen started with a cold a couple of days ago. I give it a few days until we’re all infected. lol
    Ahh! Lovely photos. The only time my family gets together is at weddings and funerals too x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Waiting for snow to lay…. #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

12. Fee January 28, 2018 / 9:09 pm

That is a gorgeous family photo. What beautiful dresses you all have on. Hope you feel better soon. #365
    Fee recently posted…Project 365 – Week FourMy Profile

13. chickenruby January 30, 2018 / 7:24 am

sadly all our family get togethers these days are funerals, despite us always saying we mustn’t leave it so long next time, starting this year with a funeral, followed by 3 weddings, so something positive to look forward to. There are a lot of Indian weddings that take place in Dubai, houses are decorated so beautifully and the parties go for days, at our previous house it was so noisy and late, i just gate crashed as i couldn’t sleep and was made most welcome

• Notmyyearoff January 31, 2018 / 9:07 am

I can imagine the weddings being amazing in Dubai. I’d love to gatecrash one too 😀 Hope you’re doing well x

14. Elaine Livingstone January 30, 2018 / 9:55 pm

yes weddings and funerals are great meeting places for long lost relatives
    Hope the cold has cleared up by now. I am the same hate sitting still and down.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 4My Profile

15. Susan Mann January 31, 2018 / 4:19 pm

Hope you feel better soon, it’s going on for so long. Hope you got a good rest. That sibling selfie is fab. I am jealous as I have none. Sounds like a lot of fun xx

16. Fozia S February 2, 2018 / 12:34 pm

Hope you are feeling better now. There are some nasty colds going round at the moment that just seem to linger!

Lovely photo of you all!
    Fozia S recently posted…Monthly Gratitude – JanuaryMy Profile

17. Erica Price February 3, 2018 / 5:04 pm

It’s a lovely picture – it must have been hard battling through the cold for the wedding. Glad it all went well.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 4: 2018My Profile