The half term snowman

We made the ambitious decision work this week as well as try to juggle half term with a few days off between us. We were meant to have days out with some pottering about and a trip out to the zoo. As plans sometimes go, it didn’t actually work out like that. We had a huge snowfall on the Sunday night which meant the zoo got cancelled and we had some snowman fun instead.

Our local park is always lovely and quiet and so we pretty much had most of the freshly fallen snow to ourselves. We weren’t prepared at all though so our poor snowman had to go without a carrot nose or stoney smile and instead, ended up looking a tiny bit creepy. Z wasn’t too bothered though and we enjoyed a very fresh and freezing morning out in it all.

Thankfully the snow all melted away that night in time for the next day to go to work and get my car off the drive.

The rest of our week consisted of juggling the boys between different houses which filled me with mothers guilt. The boys had a brilliant time with both sets of grandparents so I think it’s been a successful half term. It’s always a bit pants feeling like you have to ration your leave across the year but it did have me planning easter holidays so that we can have a “proper break” together. Now if the sunshine could just come out properly then I can start looking forward to Spring!

1. Tracey Abrahams February 18, 2018 / 1:06 am

Its no secret I really dont like snow, but that is one cute little snowman. #mysundayphoto
    Tracey Abrahams recently posted…Time To TalkMy Profile

2. Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too February 18, 2018 / 1:19 am

I’m completely jealous of all your snow, especially enough to to build a snowman. We only seem to get a sprinkling.

3. Sarah February 18, 2018 / 1:22 am

Great photos! So jealous you had enough snow for a snowman! My little ones have never seen snow, and it hasnt snowed here for years! 🙁

4. Debbie February 18, 2018 / 6:57 am

Hi Tas, I don’t envy anyone juggling school holidays and work, but the snow sounded fun and as long as the snowman didn’t turn dreams into nightmares for the children I’d say it was a good morning of fun.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…Signs Of SpringMy Profile

5. John Adams February 18, 2018 / 7:53 am

To deal with the guilt you need your husband to give up work….but then I have a biased opinion (but as the at home parent you then feel guilty on the odd-occasion when you use a childminder. ho hum). ! Anyway, lovely snowman, not weired at alL! Not sure if snow would have made our half-term or ruined it! Think we got that out of our system back in December.

6. Sarah MumofThree World February 18, 2018 / 8:15 am

How lovely to have that snow to yourselves, it looks great fun! I’ve had the mother’s guilt too this week. I always envy people who don’t work in the school holidays. I’m going to have to organise more time off for future holidays too.
    Roll on spring!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 18.2.18My Profile

7. Tara February 18, 2018 / 8:21 am

Fabulous snowman. It sounds like your boys have had a brilliant half term. Lovely photo of you too. #MySundayPhoto

8. Emma T February 18, 2018 / 8:46 am

Lovely pic of you and Z there. Feels so strange to see a half term with snow even though it’s realistic in February. I’m glad I didn’t arrange to go to the Lakes with my best friend as she’d hoped, because I wouldn’t have been impressed with dealing with snow at all.

Holidays are always an issue here too because the OH doesn’t take any time off the farm so it’s always me managing it. Easter is a pain because it’s earlier in the holiday year, but I’ve 2.5 days to carry over from this year. Last summer I took my usual start and end week off then took a week unpaid parental leave in the middle of the hols, plus tried to work up the odd flexi day to. Worked really well, and as not many people know about it – only 2 of us in our company took any. Just hoping I can get it signed off again this year.
    Emma T recently posted…My Sunday Photo / Project 52 2018 week 7 – Zebra funMy Profile

9. Darren Coleshill February 18, 2018 / 9:24 am

That first photo is stunning, it sums up the excitement of seeing snow as a child.

Thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto

10. Anne February 18, 2018 / 9:50 am

It’s a shame about the zoo, but what a great alternative and I love the snowman x
    #mysundayphoto

11. mummy here and here February 18, 2018 / 10:12 am

That is an epic snowman, we hardly had any snow in the West Midlands boo! X #mysundayphoto

12. Jodie February 18, 2018 / 10:15 am

I wanted this amount of snow so badly… Now I am just hoping for warmth and sunshine

13. Erica Price February 18, 2018 / 10:56 am

How lovely to get to build a big snowman! February half term isn’t the best time to be having family time off – better to save your holiday I think.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 7: 2018My Profile

14. Andrea Topsy Turvy Tribe February 18, 2018 / 11:02 am

fanstastic snowman, I must admit that I love the snow and playing in it with the boys is like re-living some great childhood memories. Don’t feel too guilty about not having the boys, as long as they had fun that’s all that matters!
    Andrea Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Festival of Azietie e Fumeiro, Proença-a-VelhaMy Profile

15. Verily Victoria Vocalises February 18, 2018 / 11:22 am

We’ve lived in Somerset for nearly 5 years and still haven’t had any snow down here! It looks like you had a great time – and I really empathise with the mothers guilt x

16. Catie February 18, 2018 / 1:38 pm

Loved your snowman. Juggling work and holidays is hard and im with you I like to enjoy the snow with the kids But
    Want it gone When i need to drive To work. #mysundayphoto

17. Helpful Mum February 18, 2018 / 5:21 pm

Looks like you got a really decent snowfall! I would have loved to have one more time playing in the snow!
    Helpful Mum recently posted…18.02.18 My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

18. Galina V February 18, 2018 / 9:29 pm

How lovely to have snow during a midterm break! we’d love to build a snowman, but sadly we didn’t have snow, just a tiny bit of frost on the rooftops one morning last week. Your snowman looks very cute.
    Galina V recently posted…A new range of Tonka toys at ASDAMy Profile

19. Merlinda Little February 19, 2018 / 12:10 am

Should I give up on the idea that there will be snow where I am (SW)?

Its so lovely in there and your snowman looks okay though he might get cold cuz he is naked!

#mysundayphoto
    Merlinda Little recently posted…DisappointedMy Profile

20. Elaine Livingstone February 19, 2018 / 9:04 pm

I think all working parents feel guilt during school holidays but handy yo have grandparents on hand and willing to help out.
    Brilliant snowman, that was a huge amount more snow than we got.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 7My Profile

21. Nikki Thomas February 19, 2018 / 11:50 pm

Aw I love that last photo of the two of you! Snow is just the best thing for taking good photos. I love your snowman, I was pleased that my daughter finally got to make one this year, but I am glad to see signs of spring and warmer weather now

22. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) February 20, 2018 / 11:02 am

How lovely to get snow at the start of half-term and that snowman looks great. Glad that the boys enjoyed their time with their grandparents too.