Waking up in February

Does anyone else feel like they just about wake up to the new year in February? We used to book holidays in January, just to get away from the post Christmas crash and dark and stormy nights. Now that Zs at school, that’s not really possible anymore so I feel like I pretty much just float through this entire month and not do anything productive. I *think* we’ve eaten a lot of food and I’m pretty sure I’ve just moaned about the gloomy weather for the rest of it.

Now that we’ve started to join in with the rest of the human race, I think it might be time to start thinking about where we might like to visit this year and dream about doing a million things even when we know there’s no way we’ll fit it all in or even afford to be able to do most of it. But it’s still lovely to dream and make big plans. I’d love to see lots of parts of Italy this year. I think we might manage a tiny snippet of it but both the scenery and the food look amazing. Closer to home I think we will be heading up to bonny Scotland again and discover more stunning bits of it. I would love to see the Cairngorms and Aberdeenshire with all it’s stunning castles and lochs. There’s no way we’ll be climbing big mountains but I quite like a road trip and they’re so perfect to keep nice and warm too no matter the weather so it doesn’t really matter if it’s raining or not.

We might even dare this year to take the toddler out a bit more, like tonight. He didn’t quite keep it down very much but it turned out ok. My nerves took it mostly well too….here’s hoping both get better as the year goes on!

1. Sarah MumofThree World February 4, 2018 / 8:34 am

I do love reading about your travel plans – and your travels! I’m sure you will make some of them happen this year.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 4.2.18My Profile

2. Darren Coleshill February 4, 2018 / 9:14 am

I’m much happier now we’re into February. That food is making me feel hungry.

3. Louise February 4, 2018 / 9:16 am

I’m with you on the whole just waking up in February!
    Everything seems to go so fast when you have little ones!
    Hope you enjoyed the dinner and time together!

4. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) February 4, 2018 / 10:04 am

Glad that toddler coped well with an evening out – that food does look yummy. It’s nice to be thinking about holidays and planning. I love a road trip around Scotland too – it’s such a beautiful country.

5. Erica Price February 4, 2018 / 10:19 am

I’m glad to see the back of January too. It does feel easier to plan for the year ahead as the evenings start to lengthen a little.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 5: 2018My Profile

6. Helpful Mum February 4, 2018 / 10:39 am

I quite enjoy January, but known I am alone in that! Love this picture, although it’s made me hungry.
    Helpful Mum recently posted…04.02.18 My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

7. Anne February 4, 2018 / 10:54 am

I’ve had such a busy January it feels like February has come far too quickly! I hope you get to realise all your travel dreams. We have a holiday in Devon to look forward to this year, although both my girls are off on adventures of their own with the school! Glad you had a nice meal out, they can be stressful with toddlers, but the food looks yummy! #mysundayphoto
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 3rd February 2018My Profile

8. Debbie February 4, 2018 / 11:56 am

Hi Tas, I thought you were describing my January! And to be honest, Feb hasn’t started too well either. Scotland and Italy both sound like great places to explore… Getting out and about with a toddler can be testing, but it’s worth it (sometimes!).

xx
    Debbie recently posted…Newly Born GoatMy Profile

9. Tracey Williams February 4, 2018 / 3:31 pm

I always love following along with your travels Tas as you always pull the best trips out of the bag, even when you have booked them only a few days before. I would love to visit Italy one day, and even more so now as Morgan is off to Sicily on a school trip in July. That food looks delicious x
    Tracey Williams recently posted…Little Loves – Baking, The Couple Next Door and a Singing LessonMy Profile

10. Galina V February 4, 2018 / 9:04 pm

Your travel plans sound lovely. We usually go to Italy once a year, as my husband’s family lives there, but I’d love to travel elsewhere. Never been to Scotland, so it’s on my wish list too. January was very long, and I’m also glad it’s over.
    Galina V recently posted…Photo diary: week 5 (project 365)My Profile

11. Sabina Green February 5, 2018 / 1:11 pm

Yep January pretty much felt like a write-off for us apart from the last day when we were celebrating our youngest’s 5th birthday. Now I’m ready to hit the ground running, February is going to be much better!

12. Elaine Livingstone February 5, 2018 / 2:46 pm

I have never been as far north as Aberdeen but agree as long as your not the car driver there is some beautiful scenery here in Scotland.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…#MySundayPhoto 4th FebMy Profile

13. Emma Raphael February 6, 2018 / 9:19 pm

That looks delicious! I know what you mean about eating out with a toddler!!!! There have been times I have resorted to blinking paw patrol on the phone to finish a meal!! 😀 #sundayphoto
    Emma Raphael recently posted…Sunday Photo – This Way…My Profile

14. Susan Mann February 8, 2018 / 6:06 pm

This month has gone so fast. Glad you enjoyed dinner and time spend together xx