Sunshiney evenings

The sun is out (hooray!!), for all of about two days (boo!), but we’ve been making the most of it and trying to cram in lots of trips out in the sunshine after work. It means bedtime has been thrown out the window a bit and routine is a bit messed up but it’s going to be raining again tomorrow so messed up days are worth it.

A close family member got rushed to hospital in an emergency yesterday and everything was a bit scary for a while. Thankfully they are doing well but it really does give you a sudden jolt. So bedtime was even later last night as we tried to calm everyone down and distract the boys. You would think the boys would sleep in after all the excitement. They have to be dragged out of bed on a weekday but, somehow, were up before 7am this morning. It’s nearly 6pm now and I could gladly go to bed right now.

1. Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One April 21, 2018 / 6:48 pm

Oh no, I hope your family member is doing ok. My son is always the same, has to be shaken out of bed all week but never at the weekend! #365

2. Mandi April 21, 2018 / 7:20 pm

I used to love lie-ins at the weekend until we got the puppy! Now it seems i’m the only one who can hear her barking to go out at 7.30am, must be payback because I wake her up every morning during the week at 6.45am!
    Mandi recently posted…Project 365 Weeks 15 and 16My Profile

3. Kim Carberry April 21, 2018 / 10:23 pm

Ahh! Stuff bedtimes in this weather! We might as well make the most of the sunshine while it is here.
    Oh gosh! I hope the family member is OK. What a worry.
    What a gorgeous photo. Such a beautiful evening x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Homework, plants and Monkey! Week 16. #Project365My Profile

4. Tim April 22, 2018 / 12:36 am

We definitely have to make the most of the good weather while we can – who knows when it will ever return? Hope your family member is okay – things like this are always a real shock to the system.

5. Emma T April 22, 2018 / 12:55 am

Hope your family member is doing ok. N is an early riser so I feel your pain.

6. Sarah MumofThree World April 22, 2018 / 6:08 am

So sorry to hear about your family member. Hope s/he is OK.
    Lovely photo! It’s definitely worth making the most of the sun while it’s here!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 22.4.18My Profile

7. Debbie April 22, 2018 / 6:22 am

Hi Tas, sunshine in the UK is a very good reason to let routine go out the window. Children are funny creatures, but soon they will be old enough to let you sleep in… I hope your relative gets out of hospital soon.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…At Last, I Have My Crystal BallMy Profile

8. John Adams April 22, 2018 / 7:35 am

Sorry to hear about your relative. Hope they get back to health soon. Love the silhouetted nature of your photo.

9. Darren Coleshill April 22, 2018 / 9:02 am

Beautiful colours in the photo. The weather here has been perfect for about a week now…pretty sure it won’t last.

Thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto
    Darren Coleshill recently posted…#MySundayPhoto – AfloatMy Profile

10. Carol April 22, 2018 / 2:05 pm

Great shot – I like the light effect
    Carol recently posted…AM SkyMy Profile

11. Erica Hughes April 22, 2018 / 5:57 pm

Sorry to hear about your family member – hope all is well. x
    Erica Hughes recently posted…Week 16: 2018My Profile

12. Naomi April 22, 2018 / 11:58 pm

Hope your family member is ok. I love this photo! #365

13. chickenruby April 24, 2018 / 9:02 am

sorry to hear about your family member, hope all is well now. Don’t worry it won’t be long until you’re having to drag the boys out of bed in the mornings lol
    chickenruby recently posted…Women only in DubaiMy Profile

14. Susan Mann April 24, 2018 / 2:01 pm

It has been nice having some sunshine. Children are funny creatures, as you know my oldest does not sleep in, but I don’t have to get up with him anymore, so that helps. I hope your relative gets out of hospital soon. Hugs xx