Sunshine and meeting R2D2

Doesn’t the sun make a massive difference? Is this why people in tropical countries just look so chilled all the time? It’s been just as busy as any other week, and possibly even busier, but I’ve managed to cram in a lot of personal things and visits, which has been lovely.

After many months of “we need to meet for coffee”, Sarah from Extraordinary chaos and I finally had a catch up over breakfast. She only lives a couple of miles away and I love watching her videos as I can see where she lives from my house so it’s always lovely to see it on her instastories too (in a totally non stalker way, obviously). It’s also so lovely to be with someone who loves taking food pics too.

We’ve had the usual kiddie activities and it’s always funny (and taxing!) to chase a toddler about a football field. We don’t take him often and I think we then forget how super speedy he gets on the pitch and end up doing a full blown toddler chase around it all. He had a brilliant time and I thankfully only had to crawl under the nets once. We’re not taking him again. For now.

And it wouldn’t be a good week without some good food. I sometimes wonder about starting an Instagram account just for food. But I think I’d just become so engrossed in it I’d never look up from my phone and I’m already addicted to it. But still, a feed full of food pics…how nice would that be!

Oh…and we met R2D2 in Manchester. He came over to say hello and I got a bit nervous and didn’t dare touch him. Z on the other hand gave him a good pat and we stood staring in awe for a bit. I asked one of the bounty hunters how they control him and he look back shocked and said it was the real R2D2 and that “no one controls him”. My mistake.

1. Debbie May 6, 2018 / 5:53 am

Hi Tas, your observation that everyone is chilled out when the sun shines did make me laugh, but you may be right, which is why it’s so hard to get things done here. how lovely to meet up with a fellow blogger, better that than a restraining order! I am sat here thinking I really must get some breakfast and your food photo has got me fancying some totally un-breakfasts like food.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…True BlueMy Profile

2. Tim May 6, 2018 / 7:03 am

A little warmth and sunshine really does make a huge difference, doesn’t it? Our kids have been spending lots of time outside and finally the trampoline is getting used in anger for the first time this year.

3. Sarah MumofThree World May 6, 2018 / 7:15 am

It sounds like a good week! Glad you finally got to meet up with Sarah and love the pictures of your boys. E certainly does look like a handful.
    Please let the sun be here to stay now!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 6.5.18My Profile

4. Darren Coleshill May 6, 2018 / 7:56 am

Sunshine makes such a difference, it looks like you’ve had a good week.

Have a good Sunday and thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto
    Darren Coleshill recently posted…#MySundayPhoto – BluebellsMy Profile

5. chickenruby May 6, 2018 / 9:13 am

In Dubai the two words ‘sun’ and ‘chilled’ really don’t go together, it’s weird but if there’s any sign of a cloud, dust storm or 16 spots of rain, I feel happier, sometimes I think it’s the change we need
    chickenruby recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Week 175 The Cayan TowerMy Profile

6. Galina V May 6, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Sounds like a lovely week! Glad you managed to meet with a fellow blogger. I follow and enjoy some purely food-themed Insta accounts, but also love anything-goes accounts. Mine is a mix of everything, which confuses some people, who start following me, thinking I am a foodie, and then get bombarded with garden and book photos. 🙂 I enjoy your Insta.
    Galina V recently posted…The Travelling Bag by Susan HillMy Profile

7. Susan Mann May 10, 2018 / 3:54 pm

I think you could be right, everyone does seem more chilled. I am glad you met up with Sarah, she always seems lovely. I was so pleased to get to spend some time with you at the weekend. Love the R2D2, so cute xx

8. Fozia S May 11, 2018 / 11:05 am

Yep sunshine definitely does make all the difference!

Am loving all your food pics on instagram! Although end up feeling even more hungry after seeing them
    Fozia S recently posted…Project 365 – Week 18 of 2018My Profile

9. Kay May 12, 2018 / 5:07 pm

Aww it’s lovely you got to meet another blogger/vlogger – I think that’s the great think about the internet sometimes

Kay xx