The last few days

We’re back to routine this week and it feels good to still have the very lovely sunshine. We’re all looking tanned and the boys are getting browner by the day. We’ve also booked our holiday (hurrah!) and let the school know we’ll be taking Z out in a few weeks. Thankfully, they were perfectly lovely about it. We’ll still be fined though, as are the rules, but C’est la vie.

It’s the last few days of Ramadan and I always wonder how it’s flown by so quickly, whilst realising I’m really tired by this stage. I’m a bit sad to see it go too. It’s the end of what I like to call our quiet down time and I’ve learnt I need a bit of a reset from time to time. It’s a nice time to reflect and look back on how you’ve changed from this time last year. Of course, there’s lots of the same same and then there are bits where you realise you probably need to do a bit better. Maybe I’ll write about it all once it’s over. We’ll mostly be panic buying clothes and presents over the next few days. Hopefully the sun hangs about!

1. Nikki Thomas June 9, 2018 / 9:51 pm

A reset sounds like something I need at the moment. This sunny weather is gorgeous, it definitely makes everything seem better. Yay to the holiday, I hope you are going somewhere exciting

2. Sarah MumofThree World June 10, 2018 / 6:55 am

Glad you’ve booked your holiday! I would be interested to read more about Ramadan. It’s good that you settle into it and start to enjoy it.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 10.6.18My Profile

3. John Adams June 10, 2018 / 7:48 am

You must be counting down the days. That said, I do like the concept of Ramadan. Here’s hoping we all get that sunshine you mention! Good luck buying the clothes and presents.

4. Anne June 10, 2018 / 10:45 am

oh yes, do write about it, I’d find it interesting. I hope the weather holds out for you and how exciting having your holiday booked.
    #mysundayphoto

5. Carol June 10, 2018 / 12:54 pm

Sweet photo

6. Darren Coleshill June 10, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Cute photo, Ramadan seems to have flown past.

Have a good Sunday and thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto

7. Emma T June 10, 2018 / 7:08 pm

That’s weird that they say it’s fine but then you still get fined. I don’t know how they do it at our school – my sister in law is taking her son out of school the last week of school. I’m not sure I’d want to unless I could persuade the OH to actually come away with us.

8. Emma Raphael June 10, 2018 / 7:52 pm

Can’t believe it’s almost the end of Ramadan already, enjoy! What a gorgeous picture too, they both look so grown up! x

9. natalie June 10, 2018 / 9:05 pm

Ooh a holiday – how exciting!! Gorgeous picture x

10. Tara June 11, 2018 / 12:08 pm

How exciting to book a holiday (you’re brave taking on the school! The letters always seem so fierce to me). Love your photo, they look very close. #MySundayPhoto
    Tara recently posted…A Look Behind The Book With Lex Coulton.My Profile

11. Susan Mann June 11, 2018 / 4:31 pm

A reset sounds like something needed at the moment. This sunny weather is gorgeous, it definitely makes everything better. That is very exciting about the holiday xx

12. Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One June 11, 2018 / 7:17 pm

I think we could all do with a rest, glad you’ve got a holiday sorted, not good about the fine. i’m hoping we’ve avoided one here #365

13. chickenruby June 12, 2018 / 2:49 pm

I can’t believe how much I missed Ramadan when I came to the UK, no sign of it here at all in sleepy south wales. Hope you have a lovely Eid Al-Fitr
    chickenruby recently posted…Parenting Expat ChildrenMy Profile

14. Debbie June 12, 2018 / 5:47 pm

Hi Tas, Yay! for booking your holiday, that’s something nice to look forward to. It is a shame you’ll have to pay a fine, but rules are rules… I don’t know much about Ramadan apart from you can only eat after dark & before the sun rises? Is it meant as a time of reflection? I would be interested to know more.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…The Keeping It Real Link Up #18My Profile

15. Alan Herbert June 15, 2018 / 5:13 am

The willpower required for Ramadan is something I’ve always been impressed with. As a lapsed Catholic I remember the struggle of just giving up something for Lent. Never mind nothing to eat or drink from dawn to dusk.

Can’t beat a good family holiday. Hope you have a wonderful time.

#mysundayphoto
    Alan Herbert recently posted…Coffee Time Week 2My Profile

16. Erica Hughes June 16, 2018 / 5:32 pm

I’m glad that Ramadan is a quiet time for you. I can’t imagine fasting and being busy (well I can’t imagine fasting really).
    Erica Hughes recently posted…Week 23: 2018My Profile

17. Galina V June 16, 2018 / 6:31 pm

I’ve never done fasting on a big scale, so not sure how it would work for me. Glad you find it a peaceful time, which gives you a chance to look back at your life and be philosophical about it.
    It’s a bit strange that the school says it’s OK, but still expects you to pay a fine.