When the summer holidays creep up

I think our holiday has completely thrown us. I got back all ready to get back into some good school and work routine before the big summer break and for us to get our heads down for a bit. I only realised yesterday that we only have one more week of school left till the big summer break, people are disappearing on holidays soon and its that time when you have to manically juggle childcare and work somehow for 6 long weeks. I’m in no way ready and I suddenly need to get organised. Argggh!

So, instead of doing anything productive, we pottered around Manchester today, had some nice food, saw Gareth Southgate posters everywhere and soaked up more sun. I’ll be honest and say I am really missing the rain. I think I must be some kind of indian vampire. Having been brought up in northern Lancashire, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen or felt this much sun or heat consistently and I’m craving cool breezes. (Friday was wonderful when we have rain for a whole 15 minutes!). I sound like a complete whinge bag about it but I think I’ve found my optimum temperature and it’s about 20 degrees. I’ve seen we have more rain forecast next week and I’m not so secretly delighted! Sorry.

1. Sarah MumofThree World July 14, 2018 / 9:35 pm

Love that photo with the bright sun! My perfect temperature is 24, with a few clouds. It’s too much when the sun beats down constantly and there’s no shade. We had several hours of rain on Friday and I did enjoy getting soaked!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2018 Week 28My Profile

2. Emma T July 15, 2018 / 12:30 am

I’m with you. This weather’s too hot and we’ve had no rain since half term thunderstorms. I think my optimum is 22-23C. Warm enough for just tops, but cool enough to actually walk round and do stuff without being a sweaty betty.

3. GirlsGospel July 15, 2018 / 6:35 am

Did you do a rain dance too? We did haha! #MySundayPhoto

4. John Adams July 15, 2018 / 6:37 am

You had rain for 15 minutes??? You are so lucky! I love the sun, absolutely love it but you can see the plants desperately need rain. Just a day or two and then back to sun, that would suite me. And yes, the summer holidays have crept up on me also. I’m panicking slightly as it happens! Your photos certainly suggest you had a great day in Manchester. Loving the one at the bottom in particular.

5. Victoria Welton July 15, 2018 / 6:58 am

Beautiful photos. It really has been quite tricky to cope in this heat. Turn it down a notch or two and we are fine! Lovely images x

6. Fiona Cambouropoulos July 15, 2018 / 7:18 am

Your holiday photos look lovely. I can’t believe the school holidays are almost here, I’m afraid I love the hot weather and am hoping it hangs around for some family beach days.

7. Debbie July 15, 2018 / 8:00 am

Hi Tas, give me heat over the cold any day, which is probably why I was never in a rush to head back to the UK once I left! But be careful what you wish, once the rain starts it may not stop for the holidays. Love the photo of the street art (?) stepping stones. How fun.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…Burned Out Old CarMy Profile

8. Anne July 15, 2018 / 10:09 am

I love the photos, it looks like a great evening. I beat you, my ideal temp is 23 degrees. I have enjoyed the sun and warmth, I have to admit it does make me feel a little better, but even so my feet are cold as ice.
    Good luck with the planning for the school holidays, I’ve been there in the past. Now, I just have the bother of sorting out what to do with them each day, knowing my three, they’d be quite happy sitting on their lap tops all day! xx
    #mysundayphoto

9. Emma Raphael July 15, 2018 / 10:46 am

We had rain on Friday, I was walking back from the shops when it started and it was sooo lovely, I didn’t care about getting soaked! 😀 x #sundayphoto

10. Kim Carberry July 15, 2018 / 2:44 pm

We haven’t had any rain in forever but are forecast some next week. Fingers crossed it comes!
    Lovely photos. It sounds like a great day out x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…She loves bubbles! #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

11. Confessions of a New Mummy July 15, 2018 / 9:52 pm

You had rain? You lucky thing! None here for yonks. School hols seem to be creeping up far quicker than I’d like, I’m not feeling at all organised for it.. although I’m quite looking forward to not having to rush first thing in the morning!

12. Erica Hughes July 20, 2018 / 2:55 pm

It has been such a long time of hot weather and I can’t believe the school holidays are nearly here – not ready yet.
    Erica Hughes recently posted…Week 28: 2018My Profile

13. Susan Mann July 23, 2018 / 5:13 pm

What a gorgeous sunny photo. I am loving the warmer weather, but it seems to have changed since we came back from America. The street art is fab xx