Happy 3rd Birthday E

Our littlest man turns 3 on Monday and we’ve spent the weekend eating a lot of cake and celebrating his birthday. If the weather holds then I think we might hit some big fields for some wild running about. After all, that is the one thing toddlers love to do, isn’t it? Usually in some random direction that’s the opposite of wherever it is we’re heading.

Our little E is our miracle baby and came as a massive shock. And he’s continued to keeps us on our toes for all of the 3 years he’s been with us. He is the firecracker to his big brothers calm coolness and the tantrum king to Zs placid amenable nature. He knows his own mind and we must remind him at least 3 times a day of how “your brother was never like this”.

Our determined chatterbox has now come out of his shy shell and will chat to any pleasant looking stranger that crosses his path. It means we have to stop a lot when we’re outdoors so that he can acquaint himself with yet another random adult. It’s tiring and lovely all at once. His inquisitive nature makes him take apart brand new toys very quickly to see what’s inside and how it works, which is endearing, until he reports “oh it’s broken mummy, we need a new one”. We are currently on new toy strike.

He is happiest when he’s got all his family around him and when he’s off out with them on some adventure, usually involving the park or the beach; anywhere outdoors really. He will point out to anyone that Z is “his”, being all protective and sweet, whilst promptly trying to scrap with him about 30 seconds later. Life is not dull with our littlest man and I’m already wondering how he’ll keep us entertained (and exhausted) over the next year. Happy Birthday E!

1. Sarah MumofThree World September 15, 2018 / 7:15 pm

Happy birthday, E! He sounds such a character and that photo is beautiful.
    (He always really reminds me of my nephew. They have a similar glint in their eyes!)
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2018 Week 37My Profile

2. Natalie September 16, 2018 / 7:50 am

I can’t believe he is three!! It’s seems like yesterday you was pregnant with him. I hope he has the loveliest day xx

3. John Adams September 16, 2018 / 8:10 am

Three years old. Wow I remember him being born. Time flies hey? What a great smile too! #mysundayphoto

4. Victoria Welton September 16, 2018 / 11:02 am

Flipping heck!! Where did that go? Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy and what a gorgeous photo x

5. Anne September 16, 2018 / 11:07 am

Happy Birthday E, what wonderful life chapters you all have to come with your little firecracker. xx (3 has to be my favourite childhood year of all!)

6. Debbie September 16, 2018 / 3:19 pm

Hi Tas, what a lovely photo. The boys both look genuinely happy. It’s also nice that they have different personalities and qualities. When they are older maybe they will support with their positive qualities.

#MySundayPhoto x
    Debbie recently posted…A Jolly Green GrasshopperMy Profile

7. Erica Hughes September 16, 2018 / 5:00 pm

Happy Birthday E. The last 3 years seem to have flown by don’t they?
    Erica Hughes recently posted…Week 37:2018My Profile

8. Emma Raphael September 16, 2018 / 8:58 pm

HOW on earth is he 3 already?? It just seems like minutes ago that we were celebrating birth stories! I have 3 more weeks until B is 3 and it just doesn’t seem real! x

9. Elaine Livingstone September 16, 2018 / 9:52 pm

They are all different,
    Happy belated birthday E, hope he had a fab day.
    Great photo, big brother looking on with pride.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 37My Profile

10. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe September 16, 2018 / 10:04 pm

Such a beautiful post and fantastic photo. Happy Birthday E. Your description of him reminds me so much of my youngest… especially the bit about the tantrums and suddenly talking to everyone he cones into contact with. Three is such a fab age. Enjoy!
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…From Spain to the UKMy Profile

11. Stacy McCullough September 16, 2018 / 10:18 pm

Happy Birthday E! Sounds like a fun filled weekend!
    Stacy x

12. Emma T September 16, 2018 / 11:25 pm

It’s so funny how different siblings can be can’t it. Hope he had a lovely birthday.

13. Susan Mann September 17, 2018 / 3:36 pm

Time really does go so fast. Happy birthday E and hope he has the best day. I remember feeling the same about my two boys and how they are totally different. I expected little clones. He is such a character though xx

14. Fiona Cambouropoulos September 17, 2018 / 10:37 pm

Goodness how can your little man really be 3! Looks a very happy scene over birthday cake.

15. Fozia S September 21, 2018 / 11:43 am

Awww Happy birthday! Love this photo of them both! He sounds a bit like Bee – she was pretty social at that age too
    Fozia S recently posted…Project 365 – Week 37 of 2018My Profile