A quiet half term

This time last year we jetted off to Abu Dhabi to spend some nice time in the sun and to see my oldest bestie and her lovely family. It was lovely to lounge about on the beach with the boys, eat amazing food, and take the kiddies to some very colourful and fun attractions. It was also curiously interesting to see Halloween celebrated in a massive way in the UAE. Much more so than England ever does. I think we give it a polite nod in comparison.

This year we’re not going anywhere, partly because of work being so crazy, and partly because I wasn’t organised enough to book anything. Lucky for us the weather has been lovely so far and we’ll be spending the week doing more of the same, juggling around pesky work and deadlines. We have dreaded potty training to conquer and so far my lame tactic has been to remind him to tell me when he needs the loo. Suffice to say it’s not working and we need to just bite the bullet. Ahh deep joy but once it’s done it’s done, right?

1. chickenruby October 20, 2018 / 8:11 pm

I’m planning my halloween decorations for when i get home next week. Doing trick or treat with the Things tomorrow and carved a pumpkin for them already
    chickenruby recently posted…One Daily Positive – Week 42My Profile

2. Elaine Livingstone October 20, 2018 / 9:40 pm

some kids potty train easier than others. Ziggy was 2 in August and is clean and dry during the day, Spud was 2 six months before that and is still in day nappies.
    Love the concept of slides and their stairs built into hillsides, much safer.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 42My Profile

3. Tim October 21, 2018 / 12:08 am

Good luck! I am so glad that our potty training days are behind us – even though Kara was by far the earliest and easiest of our three. Half-term week for us this week, which means the traditional long weekend at Butlins is nearly upon us. The kids are so excited!

4. Sarah MumofThree World October 21, 2018 / 6:23 am

Good luck with potty training and enjoy your peaceful half-term! (Fingers crossed the good weather hangs around for a bit longer.)
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 21.10.18My Profile

5. Spectrum Mum October 21, 2018 / 7:29 am

Good luck with the potty training. A staycation can be fantastic too, especially when you’ve been so busy. Enjoy! #mysundayphoto

6. John Adams October 21, 2018 / 7:54 am

Love that image of the boys playing on the slide. The contrasts are great. Best of luck with the potty training. It always takes longer than you imagine (well, that’s my experience anyway!). Shame you haven’t made it out to UAE but hope you get there soon enough. #mysundayphoto

7. Anne October 21, 2018 / 9:44 am

Good luck with the potty training, I always dreaded it but I only read had trouble with one of my kids and the Little Man was really good.

8. karen reekie October 21, 2018 / 11:42 am

Good luck with the potty training, I kind of winged it with one and was stricter with the other, it’s so child dependent!

9. Carol October 21, 2018 / 1:43 pm

Looks like the boys really enjoyed themselves.

10. Emma Raphael October 21, 2018 / 2:08 pm

Beautiful sunny pictures! We are about to bite the potty training bullet the week we get back from half term too. We tried before but he just wasn’t ready, but it’s time. I am also sick of the comments from various so called family members on “isn’t he done yet?” They have obviously forgotten that each child is different! 😀 Good luck!! 🙂 x

11. Debbie October 21, 2018 / 3:58 pm

Hi Tas, who needs a holiday abroad when the weather is good in the UK? The boys look like they are having fun… We encouraged our son to use the toilet with a ping-pong ball in the bowl. Oh, the fun that can be had piddling on a ping pong ball is priceless.

#MySundayPhoto

xx
    Debbie recently posted…Faithful FriendMy Profile

12. ClearlyBex October 21, 2018 / 5:54 pm

Lovely photos, good luck with the potty training. Don’t miss that one bit!

13. Emma T October 21, 2018 / 8:21 pm

Ugh, potty training was not my favourite time. The first time we attempted it, was painful, and he just didn’t care. We had to give up (bizarrely he’d been dry at night for 7 months by then). Eventually he just did it himself one morning. Phew. Hope E gets it fast and that half term is fun

14. Paula @MummyVsWork October 22, 2018 / 4:45 pm

Enjoy your half term, it looks like the weather is being kind for you!

15. Nikki Thomas October 23, 2018 / 10:30 am

Gorgeous sunny photos, it looks like summer doesn’t it? I think a quiet half term is good at this time of year as it is such a long and busy term. I hope you crack the potty training, I am so glad I don’t have to do that again.

16. Molly October 23, 2018 / 11:35 pm

Been a long time since I took mine to the playground…. but then they are fairly grown-up now

Mollyx

17. Erica Hughes October 26, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Not as exotic as last year, but you have blue skies and sunshine so that’s a win. Looks like it’s a nice half term if quiet.
    Erica Hughes recently posted…Weeks 41 and 42: 2018My Profile

18. Susan Mann November 8, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Potty training is a nightmare. Definitely, one of the most difficult things to do as a parent. A decided to do it on her third birthday and that was her. Good luck x