Autumn days

I used to hate this time of year. I’m not a big fan of cold weather and I dislike the clock change and dark days even more. It makes me really really grumpy and I become a bit stompy for a while. It took me quite some time to appreciate the golden colours of the season and the crunchy leaves everywhere. Post kids I’m a bit more tolerant of it and love taking the boys out in it all. They really don’t care if it’s cold or windy or darker than a summers day, as long as they get to run around like crazy. So that’s exactly what we’ve been doing alongside finding different museums we can pop into to. I miss summer but it is very pretty right now, isn’t it?

1. Sarah MumofThree World November 4, 2018 / 7:58 am

Look at E’s little face! They definitely don’t care what the weather is like or if it’s a bit darker. I’m glad you’re finding a way to enjoy the autumn a bit more. I think I’m doing a bit better with it too, although November is definitely right up there with January as one of the most miserable months of the year!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 4.11.18My Profile

2. John Adams November 4, 2018 / 8:51 am

It is very pretty indeed! Can’r say I hate this time of year, but bring back the 35 degree C heat I say! Anyway, the pictures show you’ve clearly been making the most of the autumnal weather. Love the squirrel sculpture!

3. Carol November 4, 2018 / 9:17 am

Great shots of the walk – my favorite is with the squirrel statue. #MSundayPhoto

4. Anne November 4, 2018 / 11:18 am

Lovely photos, it looks like your boys really enjoyed letting of steam. Kids really don’t seem to mind the weather so much, we should all take a leaf (preferably an Autumn one) out of their books and have some fresh air and exercise in the cold. x

5. Mary @ Over40andamumtoone November 4, 2018 / 1:02 pm

It’s very pretty but I’d still much rather we were heading into Spring #mysundayphoto

6. chickenruby November 4, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Autumn is my favourite time of the year, however I’m not a big fan of winter. E’s face looks so excited with the squirrel

7. Kim Carberry November 4, 2018 / 4:39 pm

It looks and sounds like your boys have been having great fun running about.
    I do like this time of year. It is so pretty and I enjoy getting all cosy when it gets dark x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Two witches and a Monkey. #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

8. Emma T November 4, 2018 / 9:58 pm

That’s a fab bridge view. I have to admit we’ve not really been out in it. Lazy – I tried this morning but N didn’t want to go to the park and didn’t come up with an alternative as we stayed home

9. Spectrum Mum November 5, 2018 / 1:11 pm

Oh I love that shot on the bridge. Such great perspective and a gorgeous happy face too. #mysundayphoto

10. Erica Hughes November 5, 2018 / 6:38 pm

I love the colours, but I don’t really like this time of year because it feels like summer is receding and winter is advancing.
    Erica Hughes recently posted…Week 44: 2018My Profile

11. Elaine Livingstone November 5, 2018 / 10:48 pm

That is one happy wee boy, glad their happiness is helping you find some joy in the season. I totally agree I prefer the temperatures we get at this time of year but the nights being dark at 5pm or early make for a boring evening.
    Love his jacket.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 44My Profile

12. Susan Mann November 8, 2018 / 3:20 pm

Aww look at wee E’s face! Kids really don’t care about the weather, do they? I’m glad you are starting to enjoy autumn a bit more xx