Back to life

We all went back to school and work this week and it’s been a massive shock to the system. There were tears (not mine) and some tantrums (some mine), but we managed to get through the first week ok. The toddler is going to start nursery in a few weeks and I feel slightly panicked about letting my baby out of his little comfort zone. I am sure he will love it as he talks non stop (he’s taken to telling me about his dreams about 3am when he’s woken from them. It was very cute the first time he did it. It’s happened about 4 times since then). There’s that natural big pang though that’s making me wonder whether to hold him back a bit longer, maybe until Easter?

All of a sudden we’ve had two big weddings thrown into the year and, if you count big birthdays and holidays, then it feels like most of the year has been planned out already. Not that I mind. I quite like having something to look forward to, and a close family wedding is always very lovely. It’s going to be a few months of looking at dresses and food and place settings so it feels very exciting.

In the meantime it’s feels like we’re just about waking up properly from hibernation and getting back to life. It is so good to get back to routine again but wouldn’t it be lovely if January was a phased transition to school and work?

1. Mudpie Fridays January 12, 2019 / 11:24 pm

Wouldn’t it be lovely if work was just phased all the time? Sounds like an exciting year a head with lots on. I really enjoy a wedding too but we dont have any to go to at the moment. Although my brother keeps promising… Have a good week x
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…Our Adventures in Pictures: 365 Week 2 2019My Profile

2. Sarah MumofThree World January 13, 2019 / 11:49 am

I do like the idea of a phased transition! This week has felt very long. Your littlest boy is looking like such a big boy now! He sounds a bit like my nephew with waking up at night.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 13.1.19My Profile

3. Galina V January 13, 2019 / 4:34 pm

Aww, starting the nursery is often tough for both kids and Mums. I remember that time, it took us a while to settle in, but then it was a positive experience overall, and prepares them for school, which is a total wild jungle.
    Looks like you have so many events coming this year. Glad you’re excited about the family weddings.
    The cakes look scrumptious, hope you had some. And the Tiffany (?) lamps look lovely too.

4. Elaine Livingstone January 13, 2019 / 10:31 pm

exciting times ahead for you, hope you enjoy the dress hunting.
    Great choice of cake and I like those light shades.

5. Susan Mann January 14, 2019 / 3:40 pm

It has been such a long week. Lots of exciting times ahead. Hope you have fun dress hunting. Can’t beat some good cake xx

6. The Reading Residence January 16, 2019 / 11:55 am

Yes to phased transition January! That is an excellent idea! Sounds like you’ve lots to look forward to, enjoy x

7. Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One January 17, 2019 / 10:43 am

Oh wow your little man is growing up fast! Exciting to have lots to look forward to, I love shopping for wedding outfits #365

8. Fozia S January 18, 2019 / 1:12 pm

I wish we could hibernate until the cold leaves and its summer again! Aww bless can’t believe he is ready for nursery!
    Fozia S recently posted…Project 365 for 2019 – Week 2My Profile