Squishies and dentist check ups

There’s still a part of me that’s slightly terrified taking two boys out by myself, anywhere. Z is always a delight on his own. His little road runner brother is just about manageable on his own, but put the two together and it’s like taking out my very own, very active, hurricane.

Knowing this, we’ve managed to successfully go out for a solo for noodles and the toddler only tried to leg it about 3 times. He’s reached the age now where he’s too big to trap into a high chair so we have to risk him sitting in a “proper chair”. We did manage to entertain him with several pairs of chopsticks, as well as some new squishies that we bought (who knew these are all the current rage!). I’ve realised it’s starting to get a tiny bit easier. We probably won’t always be this lucky, but it does give us hope for some calmer trips outside.

One excellent way to keep both our boys behaving well is to take them to the dentist. I remember being terrified of mine. For some bizarre reason, our boys think it’s some kind of treat to have their regular dental check up. Z now understands he needs to open wide to have all his teeth checked and has a tiny amount of nerves in case he gets told off for eating too many sweets. The toddler, on the other hand, will talk non stop, even with all the dentists paraphernalia in his mouth. He is told to shhh every few seconds but he’s so desperate the dentist up with all his tales that the check ups are usually done at lightning speed. At least it went well!

1. Sarah MumofThree World January 27, 2019 / 8:00 am

Love the picture of the two boys together. Z looks very protective of his little brother. I used to be frightened of taking all of my kids out on my own too. I would be OK in the local area, just going to the shops etc. But my daughter would have been at primary school before I dared take all three of them anywhere on my own. I think my daughter quite likes squishies too! She doesn’t have any because she probably feels a bit old for them, but she always has to fiddle with them in shops.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 27.1.19My Profile

2. Galina V January 27, 2019 / 12:24 pm

Glad your outing with two boys went well. Squishes are definitely all the rage, but thankfully we managed to avoid it. 🙂
    My younger one also enjoyed going to the dentist for check-ups as he would get a sticker, but not any longer. I have a phobia of dentists, so just the smell as you enter makes me panic.

3. Kim Carberry January 27, 2019 / 7:07 pm

Ahh! I remember taking my two out when they were little and it was like hearding cats. One would run one way and the other the other way. lol It does get easier.
    Lovely photos! My youngest is crazy about Squishies and both of my two love going to the dentist. Our dentist is amazing with kids and is hilarious with it so they see it as a treat too x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Baking without the kids. #MySundaySnapshotMy Profile

4. Elaine Livingstone January 27, 2019 / 11:21 pm

yes I use to feel that with the twins, would hare off in two different directions and made taking them out hard work.
    Dental check ups are essential and great that they think it is a treat.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 3 and 4My Profile

5. chickenruby January 29, 2019 / 11:26 am

oh my a trip out does sound chaotic for you, i’ve chosen to forget all the great escapes mine did.Glad the boys enjoy their dental visits, I’m still terrified of going and I’ve a lot of work coming up
    chickenruby recently posted…One Daily Positive Week 4 – Visitors and GolfMy Profile

6. Helena January 29, 2019 / 1:59 pm

My girls are very active too. So much so I thought that I may have to resort to reigns at Christmas time and perhaps even give them antlers on headbands. #Project365
    Helena recently posted…Living Arrows – 4/52 {2019}My Profile

7. Erica Hughes January 29, 2019 / 3:24 pm

I can imagine it must be difficult – there were moments when taking one child somewhere was quite enough for me. Nice that E is settling down now a bit – it should make it easier in the long run.
    Erica Hughes recently posted…Week 4 of 2019My Profile

8. Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One January 29, 2019 / 9:10 pm

love that shot of the two boys together. i can’t imagine trying to cope with two kids at once at any age really! #365

9. Susan Mann January 31, 2019 / 5:52 pm

Glad the outing with two boys went well. We are big squishes fan here, they are definitely all the rage. My kids love going to the dentists too. They make it fun xx

10. Fozia S February 1, 2019 / 1:25 pm

My two can’t wait to go to the dentist as they love her..would go more regularly if they could. Guess that would change if they had to have some treatment though!
    Fozia S recently posted…Monthly Gratitude – January 2019My Profile